Please Help Me !!!! Need To Make A Penguin In 3D

Decorating By Claudine1976 Updated 2 Aug 2008 , 3:35pm by Scrumptious Creations

Claudine1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claudine1976 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 3:38am
post #1 of 9

Ok, This next friday I need to make a linux penguin 3d, is a grooms cake, Im thinking in using the wonder mold and a 9" on the bottom, but I feel kind of lost about how to shape it or how to put the fondant on... also how to make the beak and big feet.. Im going to need all the help I can get on this one... please...

8 replies
Claudine1976 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 3:40am
post #2 of 9

Here is the picture of the little fella
LL

Claudine1976 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 1:11pm
post #3 of 9

icon_cry.gif

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 11:40pm
post #4 of 9

I'd add another cake on top for the head to carve that down. Neck downwards is basich shape of the wondermold. Beak and feet fondant/gumpaste mix
Put the white fondant on first, then the black all round except where the front white should show, then add pieces for the wings. Make the beak in advance as well as the feet and add at the very end. Be sure to dowel the head in properly, so it won't fall off. Looks like a fun cake to make
HTH

Stephianme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stephianme Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 3:14am
post #5 of 9

I've never made a penguin before but I thought that I had read somewhere that someone used a 3D bowling pin pan.
Hope this helps
Kathy

sportsmom005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sportsmom005 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 3:22am
post #6 of 9

Please post a pic when it's done...I can't wait to see it! My son loves penguins...he calls them pitos (it's short for Pepito the penguin from Go Diego Go-he's only 3)

This would be cute for his b-day.

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 3:46am
post #7 of 9

There is one on my website, but it's not the Linux penguin, just a regular penguin. Go to "Cakes" then it's about in the middle of the Sculpted Cakes section. That one is done in buttercream and is fairly small. I was just learning to sculpt at the time I made that one.

How big does the penguin need to be? If you need more cake than the Wonder Mold will feed, how about putting him on an iceberg?

I agree with Ursula40 about putting another cake on the top of the Wonder Mold cake so that you have something to carve for the head.

Deanna

Stephianme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stephianme Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 4:57am
post #8 of 9
Scrumptious Creations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Scrumptious Creations Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 3:35pm
post #9 of 9

Claudine,

Did you make your penguin? I'm doing one now and I'm concerned about the fondant sliding down and off the penguin? Wondering if I should use modeling chocolate, fondant or airbrush it? Any suggestions? Gotta finish him today.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%