Please No Courtesy Comments

Decorating By woodyfam Updated 30 Oct 2007 , 11:51am by claire_d

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 12:03am
post #91 of 96

i love it when people leave a comment or when they did that is lol.

and i always save the pics with file names as the cake decorator - or as i like to call y'all- artist icon_smile.gif with the artists name so that when i can and am able to do a cake that some one else here has done- i've got the name right on hand so that i can say "inspired by (insert artist name here)"

this way i dont ever forget who gave me such a wonderful idea icon_smile.gif

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 1:03am
post #92 of 96

Shelle, if you are reading this then you came back icon_wink.gif

I know I will never leave what some call "constructive criticism" that is the door to hurt feelings.

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 1:10am
post #93 of 96

My first post stated---Okay, no comment
I would love to know who started the gossip mill that Gallery Supporters post comments because they have to. This is not a job, it is a support group, with talent in abundance. If every cake that was uploaded was critiqued with a fine tooth comb, I doubt if anyone would upload their cakes for fear of being put down. Just add in your description that if anyone knows of a way to improve your cake design to pm you so that you could improve your technique. I stopped commenting daily because of the photos taking too long to load up for viewing. I love getting ideas from everybody and I will leave both one word comments or a complete sentence. It just depends on how much time I have. If the picture really strikes my fancy, I will pm the decorator and let them know how much I admire their cake. If there is limited time to leave a lengthy reply and one word phrases are not welcommed, then people will be upset because nobody is commenting. Let's just face the fact that most everyone could use some improvement in their technique, but everyone could use a boost to their self esteem. I know my limits and I bow to the professionals. I personally do not feel that I could critique anyone's work, but I do like to let people know when I like their cake.
Okay, time to seal up this can of worms that was let out and get back in the kitchen to bake and decorate for another day.

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 1:53am
post #94 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janette

Shelle, if you are reading this then you came back icon_wink.gif

ROFLMAO

I am so totally busted right now!
But at least I admitted it!

icon_lol.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 2:05am
post #95 of 96

If you don't want the gallery supporters to comment on your cakes, just put the first comment in yourself. Add a little more about how you made it or something. They only post on uncommented cake pictures.

claire_d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
claire_d Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 11:51am
post #96 of 96

In reply to this and the topic of cakes going unnoticed. Well last year I did a Halloween cake and posted it after Halloween, and there were no comments forthcoming.
Then suddenly last week my mail box was flooded with comments about the cake, nice ones too. It just so happens that in searching for ideas for this years Halloween people came across my cake.
In fact I would like to apologize to all those kind folks who write in on my cakes and I do not reply, I want to tell you that I run my business single handedly and work from seven thirty in the morning till around eight at night. I do not get much time to follow up on CC though my computer is mostly on to this site during the day and I look at stuff whenever I can. So once again Thank You for all your kind words & compliments.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%