HOW TO WATERMARK PHOTOS
1. Open the program called âPaintâ (this program is included in all PCs that run Microsoft Windows)
2. Go to the top of your screen, to the toolbar, and chose the âFileâ option, and then chose âopenâ
3. A window will open that will allow you to browse for the photo that you want to work with
4. Click on the name of the photo you want to edit and hit the âopenâ button
5. You will see your photo showing and the âPaintâ Program buttons on the left of your computer screen
6. Chose the left hand button called âAâ (which represents the text option)
7. You will now see two colored boxes appear below the other buttons on the left hand of your screen
8. Chose the lower one
9. Place your cursor over your photo where you would like your watermark to appear
10. With your left mouse button depressed, draw a rectangle with your cursor and release the mouse button
11. Double click inside the rectangle and type your text; if your photo is dark you will want a lighter colored text, and if it is lighter then you will want a darker text. The text colors are located at the bottom of the screen
12. At the top of the screen you will see a âViewâ tab. Click that and chose the âText Toolbarâ
13. Use the Text Toolbar to select your font style and size
14. When you are happy with the text size, color, and placement of your watermark you may want to save the photo as a copy so that you can keep your original unedited.
15. To save as a new photo chose âFileâ at the top of your screenâs toolbar and select âSave Asâ
14. You will be prompted for a new file location and name for the edited photo
15. Your newly watermarked photo is ready for publication!
now thats just cool that you did that. thank you.
thank you so much! I never knew it was that simple!
Any way you would be able to do some screen shots and make an article for easy reference?
Great job - tutorial to follow I hope!
As soon as I catch up with work (Sadly, I have a day job that pays the bills and it's not cake related), I will do the step-by-step screen shots to make this easier to follow.
Thank you, this is very helpful
So nice of you to do that for everyone. My husband has been telling me how easy it is but i still have not tried...now i think i will.
Wow thanks for that info I just tried it out and I love it I am gonna have to play around with it to get the text the size I want but it is easy to do . I appreciate you sharing with us.