Banana Cake With.....?

Decorating By wernie Updated 27 Oct 2007 , 6:20am by sweetreasures

wernie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wernie Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 5:56am
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone!

I'm planning on making a banana cake soon for my boyfriend's sister's birthday and I want to cover it in fondant and decorate as one of the "slice" cakes. I'm going to make the A+ Babana Cake from this site, but am looking for suggestions for frosting/filling. Because it's going to be covered with fondant, I guess it shouldn't have to be refrigerated. I was thinking of a chocolate ganache filling and then thinning that down a little for the layer under the fondant. Any other ideas or does that sound like it would work?? Thanks!! icon_biggrin.gif

Angie

3 replies
AnythingSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnythingSugar Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 6:14am
post #2 of 4

I don't know if the ganache would work under fondant or not because I have never tried it. I like cream cheese icing on banana cake. Sorry I can't help more.

ladyhawk1nlm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyhawk1nlm Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 6:19am
post #3 of 4

The ganache will work under the fondant i did it on my pumpkin cake i made for my dh...but before you put the fondant on the cake, put it in the fridge and let the ganache set up will be easier to place the fondant on...

sweetreasures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetreasures Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 6:20am
post #4 of 4

I'm making a banana cake tomorrow and thinking banana cream filling would be good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%