How Do I Get "gray" On My Airbrush Colors?

Decorating By Trevie Updated 21 Oct 2007 , 5:28am by Trevie

Trevie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trevie Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 4:16am
post #1 of 7

Hi, I have been sitting here for an hour trying to get the color gray on my airbrush, BUT everytime I put black and white together my color turns a forest green? Any pointers? Help?! Thanks in advance!

6 replies
BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 4:32am
post #2 of 7

Can you dilute your black with lots of water and make gray that way? Start with a really thin coat and build it up to the desired grayness?

Trevie Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 4:28am
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakingGirl

Can you dilute your black with lots of water and make gray that way? Start with a really thin coat and build it up to the desired grayness?

Thanks! I'll try that and I'll be back... icon_razz.gif

Trevie Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 4:47am
post #4 of 7

nope that didn't work...it's still a greenish color. How would you layer the colors to get gray?

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 4:59am
post #5 of 7

I tried to find an online color wheel to support this, but I'm at work, so I'm not having much luck. Try mixing a little of equal parts red, blue, and green. Test it on a small surface you won't be using to be sure it's right. Let me know if it works....

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 5:13am
post #6 of 7

I just have one question . . . does the black look black when you use it alone . . . is there anyway the bottle could be mislabeled . . . maybe you actually have green???

icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

Trevie Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 5:28am
post #7 of 7

Thanks everyone! Ok, Ok, I'm a dork..If you mix white with a small part of black it definitely looks green when it's WET..so I walk away ..come back and it dried gray..If only I had patienceicon_smile.gif Thank you all for your help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%