Pricing Help Needed Asap!

Decorating By jenbakescakes Updated 24 Oct 2007 , 8:13pm by jenbakescakes

jenbakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbakescakes Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 1:30am
post #1 of 5

Sorry to post this again, but figured I might get a better response in this forum! This is my 1st paid cake, doing it for a friend of the family. She just asked me what I wanted for the cake and I have no clue! Unfortunetly I don't have a pic of it on here but I will describe it.....It's a stacked two tier cake for a 3 year old's bday. 10 inch cake with a 6 inch cake on top. Chocolate cake with homemade chocolate ganache filling, buttercream icing. Fondant figures of bugs and snakes and royal icing flowers. There are about 12 figures including dragonflies, butterflies, bees, snails, etc. Took me quite awhile to do, I'm still a little slow! I have no clue how to price this cake! Please help! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
vabeach_girl77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vabeach_girl77 Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 1:29am
post #2 of 5

most people charge $3-5 per slice so just base it off that. Don't cut yourself short though, if you spent a lot of time on it then you dserveto be paid good. Hope I was some help.

texa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texa Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 1:30am
post #3 of 5

There's another thread about pricing a cake with the same size layers as yours, so basic info would seem to apply. You might want to take a look here: http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-5700020.html#5700020

Hope this helps. icon_smile.gif

elizw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizw Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 5:24am
post #4 of 5

sometimes with a stacked cake, i charge per tier .... whatever i would charge for a 10" and whatever i would charge for a 6". then, charge per fondant figure. they are time consuming. did they ask for the figures?

jenbakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbakescakes Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 8:13pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks to everyone that replied! I ended up getting $100 plus tip for the cake! I was very happy with that! I tried to post the photo on here but the file is too big, so the pics are in my photos. I'm so mad at myself for not getting a pic when it was completly finished but the mom said she would send me one! Thanks again!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%