Sps System, What Is It, Where Do I Get It?

Decorating By Kahuna Updated 8 Aug 2008 , 3:25pm by leah_s

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 8 May 2008 , 3:26am
post #31 of 38

Any one else who wants the directions, PM me WITH YOUR EMAIL ADDY.

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 8 May 2008 , 3:39am
post #32 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahs

Any one else who wants the directions, PM me WITH YOUR EMAIL ADDY.

So do you charge an additional $20 on top of whatever you normally charge? Or do you simply build this into your quote? Do you offer a refund if they return it? thanks...

leah_s Posted 8 May 2008 , 12:55pm
post #33 of 38

I have an equipment charge that starts at $20. If they are using more than what's typical for a 3-4 tier cake, then the charge is higher. It's disposable so they don't return it. I tell them without the system their cake will fall down - no objectins at all, ever. If someone does return it, which happens maybe 1 out of 100 cakes, I just say thanks.

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 14 May 2008 , 3:32pm
post #34 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahs

Now for assembly.

You should be looking at two cakes that have plates on their tops. Pick up the 10" cake with your hand or spatula, whichever is more comfortable for you. Place the far side of the cake board anywhere past the peg on the "receiving" 10" plate (which is sitting on the 14" cake.) Sliiiiiiide it into place, which means get the hole in the cardboard onto the peg. You'll hear a satisfying little whoosh. Repeat with the 6" cake.

Do you normally put some icing or RI between the cake board and the "receiving" plate for security?
I use 1/2" foam board and I'm afraid the whole tier would just slip out of the plate.

Thanks,

leah_s Posted 14 May 2008 , 5:57pm
post #35 of 38

I do put a smear of icing on the receiving plate. That's shown in the pictures. You can use regular precut cardboard circles and they are just fine.

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 14 May 2008 , 6:06pm
post #36 of 38

Thank you Leah!

mclaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mclaren Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 1:52pm
post #37 of 38

leah, or anyone...

forgive me if this is a dumb question, but why do we need to have a cardboard between the cake and the plate?
a cardboard is a piece of thick paper, right?
why can't the cake sit directly on the plate?
sorry if i sound so densed..

leah_s Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 3:25pm
post #38 of 38

You assemble the plate and legs together and push that into the cake as one unit. You need the cardboard circle under the cake for icing and for picking up the finished tier to place on top of the tier underneath it.

The key thing to remember is that the plate that the new tier sits on will already be in/on the "receiving" tier. the plate and leg assembly works as a unit.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%