What Is The Best Crusting Bc????

Decorating By jl5949 Updated 20 Oct 2007 , 2:31am by Brickflor

jl5949 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jl5949 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 2:49pm
post #1 of 6

Hi, I've been wondering and this may sound silly but is the Wilton BC receipe a crusting BC?

And... what in your opinion is the best crusting BC receipe?

Thanks for any help.

5 replies
renee2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renee2007 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 5:16pm
post #2 of 6

yes, wilton is a crusting buttercream. as far as what is the best, I don't know cuz that is all I have used. I would like to try others, though icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 6:07pm
post #3 of 6

I shy away from words like "best" because something is best only in each person's personal opinion (geesh, the discussions I've had over Jif vs. Peter Pan as far as being "the best"! icon_lol.gif )

But the only icing I've used for 25 years is this one: http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-491583-0.html

I never had any problems with crusting, even with zero trans fat crisco ... i never even noticed a difference.

It crusts very well but remains soft inside. On my basketweave cakes, I can pick the top tier up by the sides (my hands touching the basketweave icing) and place it on the cake without any damge, but when the cake is cut, the icing is still nice and soft on the inside. It holds up in 90+ degree outside receptions.

sgilmer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgilmer Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 6:44pm
post #4 of 6

My favorite bc is the one posted on this site by brickflor called "my buttercream recipe" http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-5183-2-My-Buttercream-Recipe.html

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brickflor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brickflor Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 2:31am
post #6 of 6

Hee hee-I wanted to say the same thing, my favorite is mine icon_lol.gif
But I haven't tried anyone else's recipe's, once I got mine down pat hubby told me not to change it, it was perfect!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%