Foam Core Boards..... Greaseproof???

Decorating By kimmy37 Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 8:57pm by BlakesCakes

kimmy37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmy37 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 2:05am
post #1 of 6

Ok, subject says it all.... are they greaseproof??

5 replies
cakequeen50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen50 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 5:28am
post #2 of 6

the cardboard covering in not greaseproof, but the foam in the middle kind of is. It is basically poster board glued on to a foam middle.

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 11:28am
post #3 of 6

No....they are not greaseproof....I cover them with either clear contac or fancifoil. when I use them. Lowes also sells metallic contac paper that is awesome.

kimmy37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmy37 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:25pm
post #4 of 6

Oooo.... metallic contact paper! I've never thought of looking at Lowe's...duh!!! Thanx!!!11 icon_lol.gif

lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 5:15pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by adven68

No....they are not greaseproof....I cover them with either clear contac or fancifoil. when I use them. Lowes also sells metallic contac paper that is awesome.

I would love to find some metallic contact paper. That would save me an extra step. Do you remember which section it's located in @ Lowe's?
Thanks!

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 8:57pm
post #6 of 6

If you use metallic or printed Contac(t) paper on your boards, please make sure that you have a barrier (parchment, wax paper, clear Contac(t) paper) between it and anything edible (cake, icing, etc.) because the metallic and printed Contac(t) papers have LEAD in the inks and that lead leaches into foods, particularly acidic and grease laden foods--like cake and icing.

Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%