Lorann Flavorings At Wal-Mart

Decorating By Deana Updated 28 Oct 2007 , 3:01am by nickymom

Deana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deana Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 8:05pm
post #1 of 31

FYI - just found packaged LorAnn Oils/flavorings at walmart in the craft section (they were at the end of a row -not in any particular section).. looked like the exact same bottles I buy at the cake supply store..

a two pack was $1.98

30 replies
rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 8:13pm
post #2 of 31

I've bought it there before. They're kinda limited on flavors right now at my Walmart. I hope they get in more before the holidays!

purplebutterfly1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
purplebutterfly1234 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 2:39am
post #3 of 31

Yup, I know, sorry ya didn't. icon_wink.gif

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 2:50am
post #4 of 31

I will have to look at my Walmart, I would love to find them, but this is a little island & although our Walmart carries a nice range of good, I don't hold out a lot of hope for finding the oils. Thanks for the tip tho' & keep your fingers crossed for me.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:04am
post #5 of 31

My Wal-Mart has a small Wilton area that has been further reduced..... Unfortunately, no LorAnn oils.

My Hobby Lobby doesn't stock more than a few flavors, either. icon_sad.gif

Deana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deana Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:08am
post #6 of 31

guess my super-walmart is a little slow at getting things in... I just noticed them for the first time today (and since this store is less than 1 mile from my house - I'm wandering through there daily... and the bonus is that there is a Michaels right next door to it!)

<sigh> I was so excited to share this info - just wanted to be able to contribute to wonderment of CC.
icon_redface.gif

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:17am
post #7 of 31

Found mine a couple weeks ago over in the end-isle at the grocer side, baking isle. icon_biggrin.gif

nickymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickymom Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:17am
post #8 of 31

Really!!! You're lucky! I wish my Wal-Mart carried LorAnn Flavorings. icon_sad.gif

zubia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zubia Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:21am
post #9 of 31

oh that is good to know ,I 'll check my walmart this weekend.Thanks

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:29am
post #10 of 31

Usually they are on the end cap of the wilton wall on what's called a zip strip. They usually get them in just before thanksgiving and they clearance them right after new years. I got mine on clearance for .25 cents. I bought em out!!! LOL

aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:37am
post #11 of 31

Thanks for the tip. I'll look at our Walmart in Tucson for them.

mccorda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mccorda Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 4:02am
post #12 of 31

I, too, found them in a separate free-standing display right next to the spices and extracts.

purplebutterfly1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
purplebutterfly1234 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 6:43pm
post #13 of 31

I think it is a GREAT idea to let others know if we find a deal or if a store begins to carry new items, things are so different everywhere! thumbs_up.gif

stacyyarger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stacyyarger Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 8:40am
post #14 of 31

Dumb Question about the LorAnn oil?????

Can I use it in cake batter and in my icing will it turn my buttercream colors?

Thanks
Stacy

chaptlps Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 5:17pm
post #15 of 31

hiya stacy,
yes you can use lorann oil flavorings for cakes n icings n such. Just remember that they are really really concentrated and that you only need like a coupla drops to get the flavoring that you want

stacyyarger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stacyyarger Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 10:40pm
post #16 of 31

Thank You Chaptlps!!! I would like to try diffrent kinds of flavored cakes.

Thanks Again,
Stacy

have_your_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
have_your_cake Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 10:50pm
post #17 of 31

I guess I've lead a sheltered life. I've never heard of LorAnn and if I saw it I would have thought it was a WalMart brand and probably not even paid attention to it! I better get over there and check it out!

superstar Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 11:12pm
post #18 of 31

Sadly, my Walmart doesn't have it. I will just have to order it from one of the vendors who sell it.

nickymom Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 12:18pm
post #19 of 31

I checked my wal-mart last night & no LorAnn's. icon_sad.gif

chaptlps Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 2:17pm
post #20 of 31

k, guys if ya'll can't find it, ask the dept. manager of fabrics and crafts to see if they have it and where they put the zip strips. Sometimes they will put them in the crafts n fabric dept. and other times it ends up in aisle 8 (the baking aisle) and this time of year they have the "bake center" put up in the grocery "action alley" back towards the baking aisle. Beings they come on those plastic strips that you can hang pretty much anywhere they might be in any of those places.

superstar Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 11:57pm
post #21 of 31

I'll keep looking, what strange places they put it in!!

MomoTyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomoTyty Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:04am
post #22 of 31

I just found many Lorann oils near the halloween decorations at a nearby SuperWalmart. However, our regular Walmart does not carry them at all. I have purchased flavorings at my Walgreens pharmacy (used to flavor some liquid medicine I believe). You will need to ask the pharmacist for them, mine has many many flavors to choose from.

superstar Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 8:21am
post #23 of 31

We only have Longs here, so tomorrow I am off to try them.

marisanovy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marisanovy Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 8:39pm
post #24 of 31

WOW. What a great find. I'll be looking for it on every thumbs_up.gif Walmart I can find. Thanks!!! Hope I can find them on sale for .25 too. icon_lol.gif

shadowgypsie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shadowgypsie Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 9:10pm
post #25 of 31

I found them at my walmart in the bedding and bath section hanging on a an end cap.
The Hobby Lobby here carries a pretty nice supply of LorAnn oils and another brand I haven't tried yet.

GatuPR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GatuPR Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 9:26pm
post #26 of 31

shadowgypsie, Which Wal-mart did you go to? I am from Marietta and I could not find them at the regular Wal-mart store in Johnson Ferry Road. Thanks.

chaptlps Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 3:27pm
post #27 of 31

K guys, If you are having problems finding Lorann's at Walmart, try the local pharmacist or drub store like Walgreens or RiteAid. They might have them back in the pharmacy itself. Even the little local pharmacies might have candy flavoring oils (not necessarily Lorann's) Just ask the pharmacist.

Debcent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debcent Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 4:12pm
post #28 of 31

Thank you so much! I cant wait to visit WalMart icon_biggrin.gif

carolyn56 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolyn56 Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 1:16am
post #29 of 31

hello all c.c. fans Iwas curious about these oils your all talking about ,I just saw lorann oils in my local bulk barn here in canada but the only one I thought was ok for bc was Bavarian Cream all the other flavours were for candy flavours do they come in a vanilla flavour or is candy flavours different ??carolyn

nickymom Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 3:01am
post #30 of 31

YEAH!!!!! Guess what? I was at Wal-Mart again tonight & went to the Halloween aisle to get Halloween cookie cutters and I found LorAnne's Oils back there...LOTS and LOTS!!!!!Yipppeee I was/am soooo excited! LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%