Buttercream Cake Recipe

Decorating By sedinga Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 4:04pm by sedinga

sedinga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sedinga Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 7:08pm
post #1 of 3

Hey There !!
Has anyone heard of this? I asked a customer what flavor of cake they wanted and she said a buttercream cake. I asked her if she meant the icing, and so far have recieved no reply, but I Googled it, and found nothing. However, I was looking at a wedding cake website and saw that this company made a buttercream cake covered in cream cheese icing.... HUH??? I guess there is such a thing. If anyone out there knows of a recipe, would you be willing to share it? I need it for next week.... If anyone knows of a book that it is in, I am willing to go and buy it.... Like I said, I couldn't find anything from Googling it which shocked me when I found out it does exist.

Thanks for any help that can be given,
Steph

2 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 9:00pm
post #2 of 3

If you could provide a link to the website with the buttercream cake, perhaps we could figure out what it is. icon_smile.gif

All I know is that creme bouquet used to be a very popular cake flavor...back in the day!!!

Creme bouquet is a cream flavor with citrus overtones, and can be used alone. Although it is most often used now as a flavor enhancer to vanilla, almond, etc.

Here's a thread on creme bouquet and National Flavors (a value priced flavoring company):

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-526303-.html

HTH

sedinga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sedinga Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 4:04pm
post #3 of 3

Hey JanH,
Thanks for your reply. This is the website :

http://www.cakedot.com/WeddingCake6.html

the cake I ws talking about is 9 #415. I reread it and I think I figured out what it was saying. I think all, well most, of the cakes are decorated with buttercream (very beautifully, I might add) but that one had one layer done in cream cheese...

Thank you very much for your info on Creme Bouquet, I will go to the site and check it out.

Thanks again for all your help, hope you have a great day !!
Steph

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%