How To Make Ornaments Out Of Cookies

Baking By ps3884 Updated 23 Oct 2007 , 10:52pm by madgeowens

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 6:20pm
post #1 of 6

Anyone know how to make ornaments out of cookies? I found a recipe for Salt Dough Ornaments but, do you use regular royal icing to decorate? Does the dough spread a lot when baked? Any info/advice is greatly appreciated. I was hoping to make these for the PTO Holiday Bazaar at my girls' elementary school.

5 replies
GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 5:32pm
post #2 of 6

I've never made these, but you seem to have the right idea. I know that Wilton has a recipe for ornaments on the boxes of their 100 cutters (I'm assuming it's the Salt Dough). I can't think of what you'd decorate them with except royal. People use it to decorate gingerbread houses that they keep for years and years, so I would think it would be fine for the ornaments.

CindyM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CindyM Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 3:22pm
post #3 of 6

The salt dough ornaments that I see at craft shows, etc. aren't rolled and cut out, but sculpted just like fondant figures and then sprayed with some type of laquer to preserve them.

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 1:48am
post #4 of 6

I'll have to check the craft store. I'm guessing I can probably use the salt dough and royal icing and then spray them with a laquer so they hold up longer. I'll probably give it a shot.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 2:36am
post #5 of 6

Lust google ornament cookies and you will get the recipe....thats what I do.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 10:52pm
post #6 of 6

Of course that would be "just"!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%