For Thoes Of You Who Sell Brownies

Business By lacie Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 1:58pm by eneq

lacie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lacie Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 2:33am
post #1 of 7

do you make them in a 9x9 pan or a 9x13?

how many do you get out of each? i want a decent sized brownie

how do you sell them? by batch?

can you successfully freeze left over brownies and have them still taste as good?

what/how do you charge for them?

thanks
Lacie

6 replies
sheila06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheila06 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 3:01am
post #2 of 7

I make my brownies in a 9x13 pan, makes 12 nice size brownies and I sell them for $0.85 each.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 3:10am
post #3 of 7

I use my 12x18 pan. There are chocolate chips in the batter. I cut them 2x2 then cover them in chocolate ganache. I sell them for $1.50 each.

A chocolate decadent delight!!!

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 11:03am
post #4 of 7

I sell "brownie bites" for dessert tables. That would be my secret recipe "crack brownies", as my family has dubbed them, in a 9 x 13 pan. I would cut it into 24 and they sell for $.50 each.

On a side note, you know you can just click "watch this topic" and stop doing that SAVE thing. thumbs_up.gif

punkin712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkin712 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 1:39pm
post #5 of 7

Do you trim the edges? I personally like the edges, but I have been trimming them from batches I make for other people.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 1:54pm
post #6 of 7

I personally do not sell them individually because I don't have a store front, but if I did, you can be sure they'd be there! Who doesn't love brownies!! But I sell them by the pan, a 9"X13" batch minimum. I don't trim the sides because I've found there are always enough people that like those chewy edges! (I know I do!!) Greeeaaat, now I want brownies. Shoot, I'm too dang suggestable!! icon_wink.gif

eneq Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eneq Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 1:58pm
post #7 of 7

i don't sell brownies but, since we're on the topic...i just found the perfect way to bake a brownie. bake em in a muffin pan and u have the nice chewy sides with the perfect fudgy middle. YUM!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%