Kneading Mmf

Decorating By tchrmom Updated 18 Oct 2007 , 9:41pm by tchrmom

tchrmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tchrmom Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 12:56am
post #1 of 6

Can some of this be done with a KA and the paddle attachment-- or another attachment, or does it all have to be done by hand? What about coloring it? I made a batch Sunday and a batch Monday and my right hand is still sore and so is my upper back. I know I am out of shape, but I had no idea how much. This was the first time I had done this, and I like playing with it, but it sure was hard.

5 replies
SuHwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuHwa Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 1:36am
post #2 of 6

I use my bread dough hook in my kitchen aid and mix the mmf from start to finish; no hand kneading at all.

woodthi32 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodthi32 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 1:43am
post #3 of 6

I use it for the first half of the process, after I have added 1/2 of the sugar, I use it to incorporate that, maybe a littlle more. A few times when I did it start to finish, I got so many bubbles I had to throw it out. So, half or a little more of the sugar incorporate (coat your bowl and HOOK with shortening, generously)..........dump out on your counter coated with shortening and right into the pile of the rest of the sugar. This cuts out a lot of work......

kello Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kello Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 1:50am
post #4 of 6

I get my husband to do it most of the time! LOL

bmcd17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmcd17 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 8:27pm
post #5 of 6

I made MMF for the first time two nights ago. I read somewhere on here where they recommended to add the color after you are done melting it in the microwave, but before you add the powdered sugar, so it is easy to blend in the color. I did that and the color turned out just fine. I don't have a stand up mixer, so it was a little hard mixing the powdered sugar, but I got it done.

tchrmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tchrmom Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 9:41pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks to all! Great ideas. I like the one about the husband best, but unfortunately he often isn't home when I am doing this.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%