Want To Make Royal Icing Flowers

Decorating By cariage Updated 18 Oct 2007 , 3:13am by cariage

cariage Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cariage Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 12:10am
post #1 of 6

I have searched cc for posts about making royal icing flowers and can't find any. Are there any good books or videos I can buy that would teach me how to do these? I have NO experience with RI so I need something at a beginners level.
TIA

5 replies
Tona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tona Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 12:19am
post #2 of 6

Do you live close to a Micheal's they have great beginners classes by Wilton that can help you learn to do royal icing flowers.

sweetlikepie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlikepie Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 12:46am
post #3 of 6

On the wilton website they show how to make some in under the basic techniques tab. Hope that helps some

hollyma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyma Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 12:49am
post #4 of 6

I agree with Tona. I am currently in Wilton course 2 at Michaels and we just learned all about royal icing. We learned to make the following flowers from RI - Apple Blossom, Violet Leaf, Violet, Victorian Rose, Daisy, Daffodil, Pansy, and Primrose. You can also find some of the instructions on Wilton's website. If you want I can scan and e-mail you a page or two from my Wilton Course 2 book. Hope this helps.

sweetlikepie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlikepie Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 1:22am
post #5 of 6

On the wilton website they show how to make some in under the basic techniques tab. Hope that helps some

cariage Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cariage Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 3:13am
post #6 of 6

thanks everyone for the replies. I just finished wilton class 1 and went to sign up for class 2 and was told that the instructor quit and there aren't any replacements. so I'm going to have to figure this out on my own. i am going to check the wilton website. Hollyma, thanks for the offer, I didn't even think about looking in the course book 2. don't bother with scanning those pages, I am going to michaels in the morning anway and I'll just get the book. They are cheap!!!
Thanks again for taking the time to reply to my question, I really appreciate it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%