Have The Website Address, Now Need To Build The Site! Help!

Business By megamere Updated 18 Oct 2007 , 2:42am by fragglerock1

megamere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megamere Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 8:30pm
post #1 of 4

I have a website address purchased and am now faced with creating the website. I have created one in Microsoft Word, but am very unhappy with it (it looks unprofessional). Does anyone know of any good/inexpensive programs that I can use to create the website? I have tried Frontpage, but it is way to confusing for me.

Any ideas would be appreciated!!!
THANKS!

3 replies
-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 2:23am
post #2 of 4

You do know you also have to pay someone to host the site for you, right?
I'm watching this with interest. I am in the same position as you, I have my domain name, and because I'm technically tardy, thought it would be a good idea to buy a 'skin'. So now I have that, and have no idea how to use it. I should be trying to work it out instead of cc'ing!
snowcovered.com is where I bought the skin, in case you're interested. You just look through the thousands of options available, find one you like the look of and pay to download it. Now, if I could only figure out how to upload it to my site and add some detail, I'd be away!!

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 2:28am
post #3 of 4

i used web easy. it helped me thru creating the site, and then published thru...i think it's vcom. i pay 9.95 a month.

fragglerock1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fragglerock1 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 2:42am
post #4 of 4

I have AT&T as my IP and they have a small business site, they host your site for $9.99 a month and you can also download Yahoo Sitebuilder, which is extremely easy to use, to help you build your website.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%