Cake Decorating Tip

Decorating By thedessertdiva Updated 18 Oct 2007 , 6:01am by JanH

thedessertdiva Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 8:12pm
post #1 of 5

I am going to attempt to make a cute cupcake cake, and I'd like to get one of those huge icing tips that pretty much does all the work for What tip number is it by chance and whats the best place to order it from?

4 replies
JanH Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 9:04pm
post #2 of 5

Not sure which tip you're referring to, maybe (Wilton 789). icon_smile.gif

Here's a CC article showing numbered tips and giving b/c examples:

Hobby Lobby carries some Wilton tips.

Here's an Ateco wide tube tip that's recommended for cupcakes:


bradleycake Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 9:56pm
post #3 of 5

Are you talking about the 1M tip? It makes really cool swirls. I love that one and use it all the time. It's like a huge star tip. Here is a link:

thedessertdiva Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 9:58pm
post #4 of 5

It is the Wilton 789...thank you Jan. I found one at Sugarcraft (of course, I'm not buying there... icon_wink.gif ) and at Cakes by Sam. Placed an order this afternoon!

JanH Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 6:01am
post #5 of 5

You're very welcome, thedessertdiva. icon_smile.gif

bradleycake, that's a great website. Thanks for sharing. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%