Dieting Cakers - Week Of 10/15

Lounge By butternut Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 4:07pm by LaSombra

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 15 Oct 2007 , 9:55pm
post #1 of 21

Hello everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful week-end. Alrighty, so how was everyone's weight this morning???? I hope we all had a successful week. I'll start out by giving my results. I lost 2.2 pounds for my second week of dieting.
10/01 weight was 164.2
10/8 weight was 160.2
10/15 today 158.0
I'm glad that I am now at 2 weeks of dieting. I'm more apt to stick with it now. I'm slowly returning to my walking but the knee is still acting up. Just makes it more of a challenge, but that's alright, I like a good challenge. OK, come on guys, let's hear how ya did.

20 replies
michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 15 Oct 2007 , 11:44pm
post #2 of 21

I am really pissed. Somehow between Saturday and this morning I managed to pick up an extra 3.5 pounds. WTF??? That's what , 11,000 extra calories that I would've consumed? No way. I know it's water weight, but I am still highly aggravated. Tonight I went to the gym, did spin class then ran 2 miles for a total of 10 activity points for the day. I had a bagel for breakfast, some hummus and pretzels for lunch, and salad w/ vinegar and a LC for dinner. The LC has 24% of my day's sodium. UGGGG.

Starting weight 142.5
Last week: 133.5 I earned 28 AP for last week.
This week: 137

michellenj Posted 15 Oct 2007 , 11:44pm
post #3 of 21

I am really pissed. Somehow between Saturday and this morning I managed to pick up an extra 3.5 pounds. WTF??? That's what , 11,000 extra calories that I would've consumed? No way. I know it's water weight, but I am still highly aggravated. Tonight I went to the gym, did spin class then ran 2 miles for a total of 10 activity points for the day. I had a bagel for breakfast, some hummus and pretzels for lunch, and salad w/ vinegar and a LC for dinner. The LC has 24% of my day's sodium. UGGGG.

Starting weight 142.5
Last week: 133.5 I earned 28 AP for last week.
This week: 137

butternut Posted 16 Oct 2007 , 11:21pm
post #4 of 21

OUCH icon_surprised.gif I know you must have been upset. It's always a bummer when that happens. I'm sure that it was just fluid retention but I know how upsetting that can be. Did you weigh this morning? Just wondering if it went back down.

michellenj Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 12:14am
post #5 of 21

Does anyone know why this site makes double posts sometimes? I never have that problem anywhere else. Just wondering.

Butternut-I feel better today, and it did go down. Thank goodness! I knew that I hadn't eaten that many extra calories! So in the end, I didn't lose, but didn't gain, so that is a good thing.

Have any of you ever considered doing any races or triathlons? On WW's site today, someone mentioned Iron Girl races, they are supposed to be a lot of fun. I've never done one, and would really need to train, but I am considering trying to do one next summer.

vonnie99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vonnie99 Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 11:33am
post #6 of 21

I think I'm doing OK this week - I "offically" weigh in tommorrow but I have upped my walking and cut my consumsion of sweets - I think I've said it before - but I just do not believe in depriving my sweet tooth. I need some little thing each day...just not the whole candy dish!

michellenj Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 1:20pm
post #7 of 21

I've gotta have sweets, too. I just threw away 6-8 cupcakes last night b/c everyone around here is tired of baked goods except for me. This is a very bad time of year for me, with all of the Halloween candy around. Last year I was working, and having an unpleasant time, and ate all of our candy because I was upset, then had to run out that afternoon and buy more. Not this year. 1 pkg m&m's=1 hour running at 6mph. Not worth it!

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 4:01pm
post #8 of 21

well, the site is finally up and running...I was having problems with it earlier in the week but it seems to be OK for now icon_smile.gif

I didn't lose any weight last week. I knew I wouldn't though. I was feeling really lazy all week. I think it was the weather...it's been rain rain raining consantly. It's raining today but I'm feeling a bit chipper this morning though, already got some clothes in the wash and started cleaning the bathroom before taking my son to school and it's only 9am icon_smile.gif

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 5:31pm
post #9 of 21

Well, a combination of me being away from the computer and the site not being prevented me from posting my stats. I was pretty happy. I lost 1.8.

Starting weight: 165.8
Week 1: 165.8
Week 2: 164.0

Now I just got to stick with it.

butternut Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 6:50pm
post #10 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccr03

Well, a combination of me being away from the computer and the site not being prevented me from posting my stats. I was pretty happy. I lost 1.8.

Starting weight: 165.8
Week 1: 165.8
Week 2: 164.0

Now I just got to stick with it.

Wonderful!! You're doing great. If I can do it, you can do it. We just have to keep that will power and determination. I'm on a 1200 calorie a day diet and honestly, I do miss my snacking but I'm not hungry at all. With exercising and cutting back on calories I should be able to lose about 1 1/2 lbs a week. I'd love to lose more but can't do anymore exercising than what I am right now with a bum knee. But, I'll make it. You will too!!! thumbs_up.gif

michellenj Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 7:43pm
post #11 of 21

I just found a really good snack. Fiber One Chewy Bars. They have 140 calories, 35% of your daily fiber=2 points WW value. They are actually good, and keep you full for a long time.

butternut Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 7:46pm
post #12 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellenj

I just found a really good snack. Fiber One Chewy Bars. They have 140 calories, 35% of your daily fiber=2 points WW value. They are actually good, and keep you full for a long time.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm always looking for a good snack that's healthy. Gotta check that out. Hey, just wondering, are you guys getting notified of a reply on a thread that you are watching? I haven't been notified all day. I'm thinking that it's just because they are doing work on the site?

michellenj Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 12:56am
post #13 of 21

Haven't noticed, I never have it notify me when replies are posted.

I'm pretty proud of myself today. I stayed on plan and earned 10 activity points today to boot. I did have a LC panini for lunch, so I will probably retain water like crazy, so I'm not going to weigh tomorrow.

butternut Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 1:12am
post #14 of 21

I've seen those pannini's advertised. Are they good?????

LaSombra Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 3:43pm
post #15 of 21

I just weighed again today and lost another pound and a half so either I lost all that in just a few days or I was retaining water earlier in the week. I think it was the water, honestly. Anyway, that makes me feel a little bit better. Only another 2.5 lbs and I'll be at 10 lbs lost icon_biggrin.gif

I've been eating old-fashioned oatmeal for breakfast each morning. I think that is a big help. It doesn't have less calories but it is lower glycemic index carbs so it stays in your system longer and keeps you from getting hungry so fast. Last year, I went on a diet where all my carbs were low glycemic index and I lost like 10-15 lbs doing so...too bad I went off it icon_sad.gif Anyway, now that I'm feeling better (prozac), it's much easier to stay eating healthy thumbs_up.gif

Another tip if anyone loves mushrooms as much as I do. They take up quite a bit of space and are hardly any calories! They also do contain protein, not much since there's not much of anything, but they are a good filler icon_smile.gif I sometimes eat them straight from the can for a snack. 40 calories (If I remember correctly) for the can.

michellenj Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 8:02pm
post #16 of 21

Yes, the panini are pretty good. I get the Chicken Club ones.

LaSombra Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 4:41am
post #17 of 21

I just got one of those ticker things in my sig. It's nice to have it charted out for me like that...makes it more visual as a goal. This is a short-term goal for the end of the year and then I'll have another short-term goal for later on. I just want to keep shorter goals so it doesn't seem like such a long road...

michellenj Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 1:53pm
post #18 of 21

Hi everyone! TGIF!

I feel really bloated and puffy around my midsection today. There's no way that I'm going to get on a scale. Oh, but I am liking my scale-it says I weigh 94 #. So, I'm off to Target to buy a new one today.

So my goal for this week re: Activity Points is 40. I'm already at 24. We'll see if I can do it.

LaSombra Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 2:57pm
post #19 of 21
Quote:

Hi everyone! TGIF!

I feel really bloated and puffy around my midsection today. There's no way that I'm going to get on a scale. Oh, but I am liking my scale-it says I weigh 94 #. So, I'm off to Target to buy a new one today.

So my goal for this week re: Activity Points is 40. I'm already at 24. We'll see if I can do it.

blech! Yes, I know what you mean. I woke up today and I can't hardly move my wedding ring so I know I'm retaining water. My grandma had to share these chips with me that she bought...probably loaded with salt.

butternut Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:20pm
post #20 of 21
Quote:

Hi everyone! TGIF!

Can I have the scales that you are replacing? I'd love to see 94 pounds even if it's not correct icon_lol.gif

LaSombra Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 4:07pm
post #21 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by butternut

Can I have the scales that you are replacing? I'd love to see 94 pounds even if it's not correct icon_lol.gif

lol ditto on that!!! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%