Strawberry Filling To Die For......

Decorating By msthang1224 Updated 13 Oct 2007 , 11:51am by amoos

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 6:26am
post #1 of 10

Hi, does anyone have a to die for Strawberry filling. I have tried the one on CC but I wasn't pleased with it (sorry). I was thinking about ordering a sleeve of strawberry filling but i'm not sure the best tasting and great price to get any from.

Any ideas and tips will be appreciated, thanks
TIA

9 replies
Daniellemhv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daniellemhv Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 6:38am
post #2 of 10

is this the one you tried?

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1927-Strawberry-Cake-Filling.html

I used that once and loved it. I haven't made it again, not too sure why. I do love it though. Usually i just smash up some strawberries and mix it with a jam. so that there are junks of strawberries still in it. very yummy but it usually seeps into the cake, so i wouldn't recommend that for a wedding or anything.

All i know is that I like my strawberry filling to be more of a thick strawberry filled shortcake like mixture. with a whipped cream frosting and white cake taste just like strawberry shortcake.

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 6:55am
post #3 of 10

YES, that's the one but my strawberries were to soft forme and thought that it was the perfect thickness just to soft.

Did your come out the same way. Oh, I used fresh sweet strawberries, don't know it it made a difference.

By the way, it was my 1st time making it but do you think that I could use a polaner strawberry jam and mix fresh strawberries in it. Would that be good??

Memie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Memie Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 4:49pm
post #4 of 10

I just did a cake w/strawberry filling and I used the glaze for strawberries that is usually sold next to the strawberries at the grocery. Everyone loved it.

cassi_g16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassi_g16 Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 5:03pm
post #5 of 10

I made a strawberry cake the other day and just used plain ol' strawberry jam and everyone complemented me on it.

I just used the Walmart brand squeeze strawberry jam.

It was really good. Sometimes simple is better!

bubbatx657 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubbatx657 Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 5:52pm
post #6 of 10

I use a batch of fresh strawberries and blend them maybe only 2 pulses and fold them into a nice semi sweet buttercream filling.

Great if you are going to serve the cake within 24 hours of completion, might get a little too soggy otherwise.
I have had many people compliment me on this saying it is the best they have ever tasted!

nl3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nl3 Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 6:10pm
post #7 of 10

I use Smuckers seedless strawberry jam & mix it with butter cream icing. It tastes awesome. I have lot of requests for that. Its never messy like the fresh strawberry. Try it.

allycook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allycook Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 6:19pm
post #8 of 10

Is it okay to use these with cakes that are left out?

nl3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nl3 Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 8:46pm
post #9 of 10

absolutely.

amoos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amoos Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 11:51am
post #10 of 10

I made a fresh raspberry filling from a recipe on here and everyone LOVED it, so I'm going to make the same thing but sub. strawberries for the raspberries. I was such an easy filling to make and held up perfectly when I made the cake! Plus, it kept in the fridge for like 2 weeks and just needed a good stirring before I put it on. I didn't even use a dam or anything...no bulges or seeping into the cake either.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%