How Do I Use A Edible Image?

Decorating By Monilynn Updated 11 Oct 2007 , 6:23pm by butternut

Monilynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monilynn Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 12:39pm
post #1 of 5

Hi guys thanks for looking.

I got an edible image from Wal Mart yesterday and I am not sure how to do this the right way. I have tried it once before and it didn't turn out that great. I was wondering if there was a secret I was unaware of.

THANKS !

Monica

4 replies
beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 12:43pm
post #2 of 5

Hi Monica. I just pop the whole thing in the freezer for about 30-60 seconds, peel off the back, and place it on the cake while it's stiff. Try to work quickly so the heat of your hands doesn't melt/warp it.

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 1:00pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monilynn

Hi guys thanks for looking.

I got an edible image from Wal Mart yesterday and I am not sure how to do this the right way. I have tried it once before and it didn't turn out that great. I was wondering if there was a secret I was unaware of.

THANKS !

Monica

What was it that you didn't like about the one you did?

Monilynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monilynn Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 5:51pm
post #4 of 5

Sorry I didn't mention it before but it did not stick well and was wrinkly.

TY for looking
Monica

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 6:23pm
post #5 of 5

If your icing was smooth, it should have gone on smoothly with no wrinkles. It is best to put your image on the cake before the icing crusts. If it has crusted, spritz just a light spray of water over the icing where you intend to place the image. Don't overspray or that will create a whole new problem, just a very fine mist is perfect. Just enough to moisten the icing is what you want. After you place the image on the cake, take your hand and smooth lightly over the top of it. I've done a number of images and I absolutely love them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%