Quick Stacked Cake Question- Frosting Sticking

Decorating By tonyab Updated 11 Oct 2007 , 4:40am by jibbies

tonyab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonyab Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 1:36am
post #1 of 4

The first wedding cake I made was a 3 tiered stacked cake....The bride stated that the frosting from the bottom layer stuck to the cake board above it when the cake was deconstructed for cutting. Is there any way to avoid this from happening?
Thanks!

3 replies
momg9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momg9 Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 1:47am
post #2 of 4

I put a piece of wax paper or parchment paper cut to the size of the tier being placed on the cake between the tiers. After removing the tier, the paper peels off easily.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 4:29am
post #3 of 4

I use coarse sugar under the plate, a lot of people use powdered sugar under the plate, some use cake crumbs, many use paper.

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 4:40am
post #4 of 4

I let my brides know that I use a light sprinkling of coconut between the layers. It works well.
Since I usually serve the cakes I have done, I let the guests know that the piece they are getting has some coconut on it, This only applies to the pieces cut from where the plate rested, not the outer edge, Some say yum and some say could I have a piece with no coconut.
Sometimes brides will request that I use something else, then I just use powdered sugar, it doesn't work as well for me but its their choice.
Hope this helps

Jibbies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%