Spritz Cookies

Baking By luvhavinbgtwins Updated 13 Dec 2006 , 11:59pm by Aine

luvhavinbgtwins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvhavinbgtwins Posted 13 Dec 2006 , 11:12pm
post #1 of 2

Anyone have a great spritz cookie recipe that doesnt come out hard at all, I have used the pampered chef one but they tend to be not at soft as I would like and sometimescomes out crunchy...

1 reply
Aine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aine Posted 13 Dec 2006 , 11:59pm
post #2 of 2

My mother uses a butter cookie recipe. I am currenly searching for it, but I googled spritz and got alot of butter cookie recipes that can be used. I use almond extract usually, but this year I am trying Rum extract/flavoring. This one is very similar if not exactly what my mother makes hers from and they come out soft and yummy.
BUTTER SPRITZ COOKIES  

Yield approximately 4 dozen.

Cream 1 cup butter. Add 1/2 cup sugar and beat until fluffy. Beat in 1 egg and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract or vanilla extract. Blend in 2 1/4 cups sifted all purpose flour. Divide dough into thirds.

Add a few drops red food coloring to one third. Green coloring to one third. Leave one third plain. Fill cookie press with each color or combine colors for rainbow effect. Form into desired shapes and decorate. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.

If they come out too crunchy you can always toss a peice of bread or apple in the comtainer with them to make then softer.
Good luck
Aine

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%