Wilton Cake Release????

Decorating By Florimbio Updated 12 Oct 2007 , 3:31am by madgeowens

Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 5:11pm
post #1 of 31

Anyone used it? Does it work? I am getting kinda sick of the flour all over the kitchen, if it greases and flours all in one, it could be a huge time saver.

Any other bands that save you from the flour mess?

Thanks Fellow CCers.... icon_smile.gif

30 replies
wendalynn11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendalynn11 Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 5:17pm
post #2 of 31

I use a home made version of the cake release I learned in one of my classes: 1 cup shortening, 1 cup oil and 1 cup flour, mix together until it is a paste. It works great!!!

pinkbox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbox Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 5:19pm
post #3 of 31

I actually used it for a while... it works great. Then I found a recipe for the same thing at a fraction of the cost. Have been using it since.

maybe this will help.

PAN RELEASE
A excellent pan coating mixture for easy removal of baked goods which also reduces crumbs on the side and bottom of baked cakes.

Ingredients
1 cup flour
1 cup solid vegetable shortening
1 cup vegetable oil
Directions
Combine all ingredients and mix completely. Coat the bottom and sides of the bake pan using a pasty brush. Coat pan until you do not see any shining metal of the pan showing. After cake has cooled 10 minutes turn over onto a board. Cake will release completely from the pan.

Additional Information
Recipe can be adjusted by just using equal amounts of each ingredient.

HOpe this helps

Kim

Luxe42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luxe42 Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 5:21pm
post #4 of 31

I've used the cake release. Works alright. But I found it to employ an extra step by having to use the pastry brush to prep the pans.

Now I use Crisco with flour no-stick spray for baking. I got it at the grocery store where the rest of the cooking sprays are. I think it works better than Wilton's cake release. It's quicker and easier than pulling out the pastry brush. You just spray in the pan and you're ready to go! thumbs_up.gif

Hope this helps you icon_biggrin.gif

cheftracy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheftracy Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 5:21pm
post #5 of 31

I use cake release and the aerosol version at work. Great stuff.

jenbenjr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbenjr Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 5:22pm
post #6 of 31

I also use homemade pan release. I never have a problem with any cake sticking. It is great stuff! thumbs_up.gif

divinecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divinecake Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 5:23pm
post #7 of 31

I use the same recipe and it's amazing. Just a note, you don't need to keep it in the fridge, it will keep well on the counter icon_biggrin.gif

KathleenR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathleenR Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 5:25pm
post #8 of 31

I use Wilton's Bake Easy and have good luck with it. It's a spray. My cakes usually don't stick- except the one I made a few days ago...sigh.

lizziegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizziegirl Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 5:25pm
post #9 of 31

Why not jus the non stick spray? That's all I use and never have a problem. It's clean and easy.

roxxxy_luvs_duff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 5:28pm
post #10 of 31

I just use PAM

girltrapped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
girltrapped Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 5:38pm
post #11 of 31

I also use the home made version and have never had any trouble at all with sticking. I don't use the sprays personally because I don't like the "over-shot" that I always get when I use them. I end up wiping down the immediate area that I sprayed my pan in...probably just me though.

I have a basting brush that only gets used for my non stick mix. I use it, wipe the excess back in the storage bowl and store it in a sandwich bag on top of the bowl the mix is in until the next time I need it. This way I eliminate the need to clean out the brush after each use.

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 5:40pm
post #12 of 31

i used to use pam with flour which works great but the can has a malfunction i hope they fix soon. sometimes it runs out of "air" and more oft then not it spits out clumps of the ingredient rather then the fine mist it should

so i decided to try the crisco when it Finally got to my town

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 5:44pm
post #13 of 31

I've never used anything but the Cake Release since I first tried it several years ago. I've tried crisco and flour, the sprays, everything. For some reason, the Cake Release is it for me! icon_smile.gif Wish they sold it in quart jars! icon_razz.gif

Gama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gama Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 5:46pm
post #14 of 31

I took a Wilton class and the instructor said to use parchment paper cut to size of bottom of cake pan. Thats it! No need to grease sides or anything. icon_eek.gif So nervous as i was ,I tried it,(on a cake for class of course) icon_lol.gif And it worked!!!! Just use a spatula in a up and down motion around sides of pan, turn it over (when cooled)and out it comes. Well it worked!!! icon_biggrin.gif One less mess and one less step. Anything to get to decorating my cakes faster.

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 5:47pm
post #15 of 31

I also use the homemade version and I love, love, love it. Boy does it cut down on the crumbs too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

Prudence Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Prudence Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 5:51pm
post #16 of 31

Hey there- I use the pam spray as well. It is so easy. Anything to make life easier is good for me!!

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 5:51pm
post #17 of 31

Never heard of the homemade version before today, so I'll have to give that a shot sometime soon, just to see. icon_smile.gif heck, I"m always up for 'easier' and 'quicker' and most especially, 'CHEAPER'! LOL

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 5:56pm
post #18 of 31

I use the wilton cake release and it works wonderfully. I always had trouble with the bigger cakes sticking, and now it never happens, I'm to afraid to try anything else now, I'm sure the others work fine, but I have been so happy with wiltons brand that i'm sticking to it.(No pun intended, ha ha,)

diamondjacks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondjacks Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 6:00pm
post #19 of 31

I can't live without mine! I love Cake release AND I also saw a cool trick but it leaves flour marks on the cakes... Not that you see them after decorated but still.

Spray with your cooking spray ie pam, then dust a little flour over it and wa lah! I thought they were all neat! But i swear by cake release in my class and at home!

DCHall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DCHall Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 6:05pm
post #20 of 31

I use cake release and have never had a problem with my cakes sticking. I'll have to try the homemade recipe when my current bottle runs out!

CakesByBabycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByBabycakes Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 6:11pm
post #21 of 31

I always use Wiltons Cake Release, I squirt it in the pan, and spread it around with a small piece of paper towel. I do not like to use aerosole sprays. icon_smile.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 6:19pm
post #22 of 31

the wilton pan release works wonderful ...much better than flour and butter...I use bakers joy too is a spray it works wonderful...

Karate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karate Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 6:54pm
post #23 of 31

I use it and love it. I will try the homemade version when this bottle is gone, has to be cheaper.

jnikki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jnikki Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 7:03pm
post #24 of 31

I love the cake release. Works great!

kristincu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristincu Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 4:01pm
post #25 of 31

I also love the Wilton cake release, but will definitely try the homemade version when my current bottle runs out! I really don't like using aerosols and I use a silicone pastry brush that I just pop into the dishwasher, so there's really not much mess to the brush method for me.

Cheers!
Kristin

dabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dabear Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 10:09pm
post #26 of 31

It's the best stuff I've ever used. I squirt it into my pans and brush it around with a pastry brush. Sometimes I use the homemade mixture. I really prefer the WIlton.

havingfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
havingfun Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 12:17am
post #27 of 31

I just use a paper towel with my homemade pan stuff. Less work than having to wash a brush. LOL!

elizw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizw Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 4:01pm
post #28 of 31

i just spray with butter flavored non-stick spray and line the bottom with either wax paper. then i give the wax paper a light mist of non-stick spray. works like a charm!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 5:04pm
post #29 of 31

i used t use the paper towel but the spray realease is sooooooo much better!

cholmberg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cholmberg Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 5:47pm
post #30 of 31

I LOVE the wilton cake release. I have never had a single problem
with a cake sticking using that. I've not tried the homemade stuff
yet, but I will.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%