Ivory Pearl Dust?

Decorating By FarberFamily Updated 8 Oct 2007 , 8:18pm by weirkd

FarberFamily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FarberFamily Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 6:44pm
post #1 of 5

Does anyone know where I can get ivory peal dust? I need to make ivory pearl beads. Thanks! icon_wink.gif

4 replies
weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 6:48pm
post #2 of 5

They have an antique white which is pretty much ivory. You can also color your beads off white to emphasis it. CakesbySam has it.

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 6:48pm
post #3 of 5

There is no ivory pearl dust (at least I've never seen it). If you're making your own pearls, you can use ivory fondant and the white pearl dust to help it glisten. I find that just plain MMF with the pearl dust makes really pretty pearls. I guess it depends on the look you're going for. That's how I made the pearls on the cake in my photos if you wanted to see how they turned out.

FarberFamily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FarberFamily Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 7:00pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks weirkd, I'll check it out. It seems like when i use a deeper color fondant it just gets covered up anyway by the dust. If I put on a lighter coat of the dust, it doesn't give me the beautiful look I'm going for. I love my super pearl, but I really need an ivory.

thanks for the post aswartzw, I plan on trying to make my first batch of MMF sometime soon.

Hmmmmm. If I can't get an ivory maybe I'll have to do an ivory cake with white pearls. I've seen ivory and white together and if done correctly it can look lovey. What do you all think?

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 8:18pm
post #5 of 5

I think the antique white will give you the effect that you want. And if you use an off white fondant it will help. The antique white doesnt have the same type of coverage that the super pearl has. I used it on my pink wedding cake and you can still see that its still pink! But when I used the super pearl on one of my baby shower cakes with the bear on top, it gave the look of a satin finish to the pink.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%