Hamburger Cupcakes

Decorating By alicialee Updated 5 Oct 2007 , 4:45pm by Thinknice

alicialee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicialee Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 1:13pm
post #1 of 2

so this weekend im making hamburger cupcakes for a big camping group. im going to do yellow cupcakes and then make cake balls, i already have the chocolate cake for them, but whats the best way to make them? last time i made cake balls i used condensed milk, they werent very good, pluse i might have added too much condensed milk, any other way to make them? and how much batter should i use for each cupcake, i dont want them to poof out of the pan like regular cupcakes, and im a little worried that if i used regular cupcake papers, there will be indentations on the side of them, then there would be no way they would look like hamburger buns! lots of questions, please help!

1 reply
Thinknice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Thinknice Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 4:45pm
post #2 of 2

When I made hamburger cupcakes, I added coffee creamer, I'm pretty sure it was vanilla caramel flavor. They tasted pretty good. I think you can also use buttercream. I'm making a hamburger cake for DH's birthday tonight and I'm planning on using chocolate buttercream to make a giant hamburger shaped cake ball. I'm hoping that works and tastes ok. As for the cupcakes, I did not use cupcake wrappers, I just sprayed the tins with cooking spray. I just eyeballed how high I filled them, but I filled them a little less than I normally would, to avoid a bigger top.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%