Tip Club - October 2007 ... Tip 5

Decorating By TheCakeGirl87 Updated 30 Oct 2007 , 7:02pm by TheCakeGirl87

TheCakeGirl87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeGirl87 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 1:36am
post #1 of 66

The October 2007 tip is tip 5!!

Remember, anyone can participate! We love to have new people join in the fun!!

Here are the clubs guidelines":

* You can use any kind of icing that you can put in a piping bag and use the tip that was selected.

* You can only use the tip of the month to decorate the cake. There is only one exception to this rule and that is that you can use tip 789 to get your base frosting on. You can also start with fondant if you like.

* You can alter the tip by blocking off parts of the tip but you MUST USE THE MONTHY TIP!

* All pictures must be new!

* Please dont post monthly cakes in your album until the month is over!

*Please post pictures in this thread. DO NOT CREATE A SEPARATE THREAD FOR YOUR PICTURES! Please post a maximum of 3 photo posts per person in this thread for the monthly theme. You may however use graphics programs to create a collage of different pictures/angles (that collage will count as one photo post).

* Everyone who wishes to has and opportunity to suggest a monthly tip may do so by entering it in the thread or by sending TheCakeGirl87 a PM. I will tally all the votes and announce it at the beginning of every month.

Happy Baking, everyone! I cant wait to see what everyone comes up with!!!!

Allason TheCakeGirl87

*Edited: You can also start your cake with fondant*

65 replies
Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 2:32am
post #2 of 66

Sooooo glad to know we can use the icer tip! That will save LOTS of time, especially with a 5 tip! icon_lol.gif

What is the deadline for October 5 tip cakes to be in??? You must have a deadline! icon_wink.gif

JenLen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenLen Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 2:44am
post #3 of 66

Oohh, this sounds like fun. What a great way to get your creative juices flowing. May I join you?? icon_smile.gif

Teekakes Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 2:48am
post #4 of 66

Jump on board JenLen!! The more the merrier! Glad you found the thread! icon_smile.gif

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 2:49am
post #5 of 66

I can't wait to see what you all come up with, I have no creative juices for this tip. I can only do a line with it. Hahahahahahaha.....................

TheCakeGirl87 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 2:50am
post #6 of 66

What does everyone want to do? Do you want to just do this for fun and have the due date the 31st, or do you want to choose a winner at the end of each month and stop the 28th?

Teekakes Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 2:54am
post #7 of 66

I think we need to stop on the 28th and vote on a winner.

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 2:59am
post #8 of 66

You can count me in on this one for sure. I am already excited about what everyone will come up with.

sewlora Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewlora Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 3:07am
post #9 of 66

Now that all the birthdays and classes are done, I don't really have any projects on the go. Perfect time for something like this!!

Edited to ask ... can we start with fondant covered cake instead of one iced in BC? Then decorate with tip 5 ...?

TheCakeGirl87 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 3:18am
post #10 of 66

You can start with fondant if you would like.

susies1955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susies1955 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 8:52am
post #11 of 66

I was going to make a JUST BECAUSE cake tomorrow so I'll try the #5 tip. This will be fun.
Thanks for starting this up,
Susie

Hollyanna70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollyanna70 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 10:00am
post #12 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teekakes

I think we need to stop on the 28th and vote on a winner.

Is this a contest, or is it just a "Tip of the Month" like the "Theme of the Month" club?

The other clubs don't really have an end date, from what I understand. (not positive) The whole month is for a specific thing, and you can still post after the month has ended, but the new themes will have already started.

So, is this the same thing? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm a little confused. This sounds like a lot of fun, though. I hope I have time to participate. icon_smile.gif

Thanks!

Holly

**edit** Geeze, I'm such a doof!! I completely missed this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCakeGirl87

What does everyone want to do? Do you want to just do this for fun and have the due date the 31st, or do you want to choose a winner at the end of each month and stop the 28th?

Please ignore me.. I'll wait for you guys to decide what it is. I rather like the way the other ones are run, though. I don't want mine to be judged, because I'm an amateur, and I can't compete with a lot of people on this site.. hehe I like the idea of doing it just for fun, then showing what you came up with. icon_smile.gif Just my two cents.. icon_wink.gif

Teekakes Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 1:11pm
post #13 of 66

The cakegirl87, after reading a few posts maybe you should keep it "just for the challenge" and no voting for a winner. So a simple rule that says; All cakes due by last day of the month?
Sounds good if that is what others want and most importantly it needs to be kept fun.

Whatcha say?

MistyRomack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MistyRomack Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 1:25pm
post #14 of 66

ALL IN, Tip #5 it is, and we'll post pics and such on 28th?
Where do you want us to post these and such?

Teekakes Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 1:29pm
post #15 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEMIST1977

ALL IN, Tip #5 it is, and we'll post pics and such on 28th?

The rules are laid out in the first post of this thread. icon_smile.gif

TheCakeGirl87 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 1:51pm
post #16 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEMIST1977

ALL IN, Tip #5 it is, and we'll post pictures and such on 28th?

You will post all pictures in this thread.

***UPDATE***
This thread is NOT going to be a competition! We will just do this for fun and to get our creative juices flowing. The cakes will not have a "due" date but we will be choosing a new tip at the end of the month.

I am so excited about this and cant wait to see what everyone comes up with. Happy Baking, Allason "TheCakeGirl87"

AJsGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AJsGirl Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 6:25pm
post #17 of 66

I'm in! This is going to be fun! icon_biggrin.gif

susies1955 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 6:54pm
post #18 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCakeGirl87

* Please dont post monthly cakes in your album until the month is over! *

Ok, waiting to post photos until the month is over will be wicked hard. icon_evil.gif
Susie

Teekakes Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 8:39pm
post #19 of 66

Hey Susie, icon_smile.gif I don't think we have to wait until the end of the month to post our pictures in this thread........only into our albums. Is this the way you read it too?

Back to decorating cakes so I can be finished before the sun comes up tomorrow! icon_lol.gif

susies1955 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 10:55pm
post #20 of 66

Lea,
Ok, I just read it all over again and I think you are right. I'm not sure why that would be the case but I think it is saying we can NOT post to our photo gallery but we can post within this thread.
Thanks for making that clearer to me,
Susie

TheCakeGirl87 Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 12:17am
post #21 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by susies1955

Lea,
Ok, I just read it all over again and I think you are right. I'm not sure why that would be the case but I think it is saying we can NOT post to our photo gallery but we can post within this thread.
Thanks for making that clearer to me,
Susie

You can post your picture in this thread but please dont post your picture in your album or the gallery until the months end. The reason for this is that it will reduce traffic to the thread. Thanks!

susies1955 Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 12:29am
post #22 of 66

Ah ha! I see! Every time we post a photo or a question etc. the thread gets popped back up to the top and more may join in. icon_smile.gif
I will be making my Tip #5 cake tomorrow.
thumbs_up.gif
Thanks,
Susie

jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 12:38am
post #23 of 66

Hmm..tip 5, there's one that will need some thought. Already lost on what to do for my ''Theme of The Month" cake. Now I have to think twice as hard....ahhhh.

ValMommytoDanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValMommytoDanny Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 2:57am
post #24 of 66

Ok here goes.......

I made one of these on Monday for work and got 2 orders for tomorrow. As I was doing them I thought... geez... this is a tip #5!!!

Cake is vanilla with a crumb coat of BC, Tip #5 used for the spaghetti - meatballs were done with my two little hands (are they ok?) and the sauce (rasp jam thinned) was put on with a #5 tip. The "boys" are cupcakes with the same process - just smaller meat-a-balls... icon_lol.gif

Does this qualify? I know we have seen a zillion of these but I was just thrilled that I did something completely with a #5!!

icon_smile.gif Thanks ~ let me know if I did this right... icon_smile.gif
LL

sewlora Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewlora Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 3:07am
post #25 of 66

COOL!!!

Cassie2500 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cassie2500 Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 12:10pm
post #26 of 66

Wow, ValMommyto Danny, that looks so real!! I want to eat it!! icon_lol.gif

ValMommytoDanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValMommytoDanny Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 2:24pm
post #27 of 66

Thanks guys! icon_smile.gif

Teekakes Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 3:56pm
post #28 of 66

Val, great spaghetti cake and I especially like the cupcakes you made along with it! What a great way to exhibit #5 tip!!!

TheCakeGirl87 Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 4:19pm
post #29 of 66

Greart job!

rayven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rayven Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 4:31pm
post #30 of 66

You made an awesome cake Val!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%