Help. Quickly Re: Cannoli Cream

Decorating By Lolafalano Updated 2 Dec 2006 , 8:04am by Zmama

Lolafalano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lolafalano Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 6:58am
post #1 of 8

In the process ( 2:00 AM) of finishing a birthday sheetcake that is supposed to be filled with cannoli cream. My cannoli cream is runny, impossible to fill with the cannoli cream I made. The ingredients I bought to make the cannoli cream cost me almost 30 bucks and I am angry. I've tried stiffening it with cornstarch, sugar and merengue power. I'm at a lost and extremely frustrated.

pleaes advise, either a simple, cannoli cream filling or your advise!!!!

7 replies
neni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neni Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 7:01am
post #2 of 8

Do you have any whipping cream or cool whip that you could mix with the filling and make it a "mousse" instead? HTH

Mamas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamas Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 7:02am
post #3 of 8

bump

Hang in ther someone has to know how to help.

emmascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmascakes Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 7:02am
post #4 of 8

I don't know what cannoli cream is I just wanted to support yousomehow in your stress. You're goin gto have to give it up with these ingredients and start with something new like a buttercream or chocolate ganache - good luck and may the cake lords be with you!

Lolafalano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lolafalano Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 7:05am
post #5 of 8

thanks all. need to sleep and just start over in the morning. such a waste of food and money though- it kills me! any cannoli cream is ricotta cheese, sugar and my (stupid) recipe also called for heavy cream. and now I have ricotta soup. any advice welcome.

tracy702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracy702 Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 7:11am
post #6 of 8

Can you freeze it for a bit and then try rewhipping it?

ShabbyChic_Confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 7:20am
post #7 of 8

I think the problem was the heavy cream, I would try adding some diluted non flavor gelatin and see what happens at least you could still save the ingredients, I hope I could be more help!!

Good Luck!

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 8:04am
post #8 of 8

You can fix this!

What about filling each slice of cake with cream? Use the cupcake filling tip, and squeese a bit in every inch or two. It wouldn't be traditional between the layers, but it would be there, and be unique!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%