Cookie Club - December Theme

Baking By bonniebakes Updated 30 Dec 2006 , 7:33pm by bonniebakes

juro1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juro1234 Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 2:43pm
post #31 of 95

I added a picture of some cookies I made for my sons school bakesale, I did something cute but easy.

ladyinblack1964 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyinblack1964 Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 8:15pm
post #32 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yjudania

Wow, do I get to be 1st!! I had leftover dough so I made cookies for the kids and I just finished these up. I can't wait for Christmas!!!!

These are NFSC with Toba Glace and MMF for decorations. Thanks for looking!!

Yjudania, how did you do the scarves on the little snowmen? Are they fondant or did you "paint" them on somehow? They're wonderful!
icon_biggrin.gif

babynewyear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babynewyear Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 10:17pm
post #33 of 95

Hey thats ok Jenn123 anything to save time and mess. I make a real mess. icon_wink.gificon_smile.gif

tayesmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tayesmama Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 10:51pm
post #34 of 95

WOW! I haven't been on CC in awhile and all these cookies are just amazing! Keep up the wonderful work everyone!

jstritt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jstritt Posted 8 Dec 2006 , 3:14am
post #35 of 95

Here are links to my cookies. I forgot to change the setting on my camera, so the files were too large to download to this thread. Thanks for taking the time to look at them.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&pos=-88563

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=jstritt&cat=0&pos=3

The first set of winter cookies are gingerbread with Wilton poured cookie icing. The second set are NFSC with rolled buttercream and royal icing. I wasn't thrilled with the way the rolled buttercream looked or tasted. I am much happier with the poured cookie icing.

One more:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=jstritt&cat=0&pos=2

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 8 Dec 2006 , 4:33am
post #36 of 95

How wonderful, jstritt - those poured icing cookies are very shiny! Does the icing dry hard enough to stack without smearing? It looks wet...

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 8 Dec 2006 , 4:46am
post #37 of 95

Hey jstritt, I think your cookies are fab! I sure don't see anything wrong with the rolled buttercream/RI cookies! Just one question, where's the glass of milk, cuz now I'm hungry! LOL

jstritt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jstritt Posted 8 Dec 2006 , 1:08pm
post #38 of 95

Thanks guys. I think the thing I don't like about the rolled buttercream is the taste. All that crisco and corn syrup kind of grossed me out.

The poured cookie icing does dry to hard finish. These cookies were a little wet when I took the picture. They dry hard enough to stack and the finish is not quite as shiny as the picture.

babynewyear Posted 9 Dec 2006 , 4:51pm
post #39 of 95

Hey I heard this thread was missing and wanted to see if it will pop back up to the top. BUmp

Yjudania Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yjudania Posted 9 Dec 2006 , 4:57pm
post #40 of 95

Ah...cool beans!

7yyrt Posted 9 Dec 2006 , 5:11pm
post #41 of 95

Oh, THANK YOU babynewyear!
Whatever you did please remember it, even Heath said he didn't know where it went...I'll see if I can have them delete the other post.

babynewyear Posted 9 Dec 2006 , 6:43pm
post #42 of 95

I went to bonniebakes profile and looked up all of her forum submissions. Then clicked on the right one and added my bump icon_biggrin.gif

babynewyear Posted 9 Dec 2006 , 6:54pm
post #43 of 95

jstritt
Wow your cookies are great. The first poured ones really have a shine. What didnt you like about the rolled buttercream? Ive thought about trying it before.

codegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
codegirl Posted 10 Dec 2006 , 12:27am
post #44 of 95

For a work potluck. I also made some cupcakes but I don't think they count icon_smile.gif

My mom did the hand drawing (and most of the snowflakes)
LL
LL

7yyrt Posted 10 Dec 2006 , 5:27am
post #45 of 95

codegirl, I couldn't figure out why I wanted to give your snowpeople purses and spring flowers in their hats until I realized they remind me of two little old ladies who used to attend my church when I was a little girl. I haven't thought of them in over 30 years. The one in the red hat looks like Miss Minerva and the one in the black hat like her sister Miss Loretta.

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 10 Dec 2006 , 6:47pm
post #46 of 95

This is my first attempt at my Rambam Menorah cookies. Thanks to everyone who gave me feedback when I was trying to design them.
LL

craftst3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftst3 Posted 10 Dec 2006 , 9:19pm
post #47 of 95

Everyones cookies look great that have been shared so far. These are my first ones for this month. They are a traditional sugar cookie recipe and they are painted with food coloring. They were done for a bake sale at our church.
LL

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 10 Dec 2006 , 11:02pm
post #48 of 95

Gorgeous Menorah!!

I just did a "Santa" cookie bouquet for a favorite Auntie!! I think this is one of the cutest Santas I've seen! (Ok, I'm biased!! So, sue me! icon_lol.gif )
LL

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 10 Dec 2006 , 11:08pm
post #49 of 95

Oh, Melvira!! She's adorable. I wouldn't be able to aet those cookies! Yes, I was in a hurry earlier, but I did want to say, I love seeing everyone's cookies and hearing the stories that go with some of them (like Black Peter, etc).

Some of you guys are sooo talented, makes me feel like I have so much to learn. Good thing I like learning!! lol!

Kathi

TiffTurtle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TiffTurtle Posted 11 Dec 2006 , 4:29am
post #50 of 95

Heu all !! so i havent posted cookies in a while...been really busy baking seems like everything was due at one time...so did yall miss me? lol j/k

so here are the first Christmas cookies that i have done...what do yall think?
LL
LL
LL
LL

7yyrt Posted 11 Dec 2006 , 6:15am
post #51 of 95

jstritt, I frosted 3 frozen NFSC candy canes with that poured icing. They really DO dry very shiny.
I took a picture but it came out fuzzy - so I ate 'em!Image

Melvira Posted 11 Dec 2006 , 2:50pm
post #52 of 95

Tiff, those rock, and of course we missed you!!

Um Kathi... I know he's pretty like a girl, but he's actually a boy! Hehehe! I get that a lot because of his huge blue eyes which are amazing in person (He gets them from me!!) But anyway, your compliment was not lost on me! I appreciate it! And yes, they are hard to bite into! icon_wink.gif

I have a quick question for anyone who can answer, since I am relatively new to cookie club... at what point are we 'allowed' to post these pictures to our photos? Are we just supposed to wait until the current month is over? I am dying to post all these cookies!! icon_wink.gif

Yjudania Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yjudania Posted 11 Dec 2006 , 4:14pm
post #53 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinblack1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yjudania

Wow, do I get to be 1st!! I had leftover dough so I made cookies for the kids and I just finished these up. I can't wait for Christmas!!!!

These are NFSC with Toba Glace and MMF for decorations. Thanks for looking!!

Yjudania, how did you do the scarves on the little snowmen? Are they fondant or did you "paint" them on somehow? They're wonderful!
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks, ladyinblack1964! I actually just piped them on using Toba's Glace.
Everyone's cookies are so awesome!
Melvira, in the cookie club rules we are asked to wait until the month is up before you add the cookies to your album. HTH! icon_biggrin.gif (your litlle fella is gorgeous, btw) thumbs_up.gif

Melvira Posted 11 Dec 2006 , 5:08pm
post #54 of 95

Thank you for the info and the compliment! icon_lol.gif

mis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mis Posted 11 Dec 2006 , 9:38pm
post #55 of 95

Whew I've been missing in action. My computer went out for about 2 weeks but now it's fixed. Whoo hoo. EVERYONE'S cookies look great. thumbs_up.gif Hopefully I'll get some done this weekend. I too enjoy hearing the stories behind the cookies.

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 11 Dec 2006 , 11:44pm
post #56 of 95

WOW! Everyone's cookies are just WONDERFUL!!

babynewyear Posted 12 Dec 2006 , 12:14am
post #57 of 95

codegirl,kathik,Melvira,TiffTurtle,craftst3,
What a great bunch of cookies! All the different ways to make a Christmas cookie I love it! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 6:25am
post #58 of 95

Here's some that I did for my 2 kids' Christmas program at preschool. They are all NFSC, w/airbrushed Satin Ice fondant. The candy canes have red sanding sugar on the red stripes. The mittens and stockings have buttercream for the 'fur' trim. The trees have green sanding sugar pressed into the fondant. Then BC trim w/non-pareils sprinked on top. The snowflakes are done w/a tube of white fondant writer stuff that I found in my utensil drawer. (Not too impressed.) There will be lots of other cookies and treats there, so I tried not to go too overboard.

Everyone's cookies look wonderful! Love the menorah and the 'little old church lady' snowmen. icon_wink.gif I'm making some nicer cookies to take to my Mom's this weekend, so I may add them if they turn out.
LL

TiffTurtle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TiffTurtle Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 6:44am
post #59 of 95

I love your round snowflake cookeis they look really good!!

Thanks melvira...and i love your santa cookies! id love to do that for my kids but i dont have one of them nifty printers **sniff** **sniff**

so how many pics can we post on here for the cookie club anyways? im gonna be finishing up some BIG gingerbread cookies tomorrow and would love to be able to post them too.

mis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mis Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 1:26pm
post #60 of 95

momsandraven cute cookies. Those mittens look warm and fuzzy.

TiffTurtle wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

so how many pics can we post on here for the cookie club anyways?

I think in the original thread it said no more than 3 pictures. I believe bonniebakes posted the original rules in the first post on this thread too.

I hope to be able to make some cookies soon. icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%