Fondant Letters

Decorating By colleen4963 Updated 27 Sep 2007 , 2:03am by bobwonderbuns

colleen4963 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
colleen4963 Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 11:37pm
post #1 of 11

does anyone have a great tip on how to cut out even and straight letters from fondant??? help!!!!!!!!!

10 replies
wolfley29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wolfley29 Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 11:47pm
post #2 of 11

I'm doing it right now, using cookie cutters, with the edges rubbed in crisco in order to get a clean cut. Then I put them into the oven to dry. BTW, the oven is off, but the light is on. HTH

rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 1:56am
post #3 of 11

You might try letting your fondant dry just a little, also, before cutting out your letters. They hold their shape better and are a little easier to handle.

veronica970206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica970206 Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 2:07am
post #4 of 11

Speaking of fondant letters is there a site where you can get letter and number patterns? I see some of the letters and numbers on some cakes and I think, I know they did not free style that one, it sometimes looks too perfect, I could be wrong, but just curious on where some go, Thanks in advance, Veronica

LiliS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LiliS Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 9:11am
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfley29

I'm doing it right now, using cookie cutters, with the edges rubbed in crisco in order to get a clean cut. Then I put them into the oven to dry. BTW, the oven is off, but the light is on. HTH

OMG thanks so much for this tip!!!!

thecupcakemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecupcakemom Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 9:56am
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by veronica970206

Speaking of fondant letters is there a site where you can get letter and number patterns? I see some of the letters and numbers on some cakes and I think, I know they did not free style that one, it sometimes looks too perfect, I could be wrong, but just curious on where some go, Thanks in advance, Veronica

Wilton has a set of numbers and letters they sell at AC Moore and Michael's.

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 10:44am
post #7 of 11

Wilton has small letters but some of the big ones on here people print out a large font they like then make a pattern and use it to cut out the number, that see through plastic stuff works good that you make templates out of for quilting. Also add some gumpaste to the fondant and it causes it to dry quicker. HTH

wolfley29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wolfley29 Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 5:02pm
post #8 of 11

Celcrafts, from the UK, has some script molds to use with sugarpaste.

https://www.celcrafts.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_CelShapes_Moulds_6.html

Not sure where to find the equivalent of this in the US though. HTH

pennywells Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pennywells Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 5:49pm
post #9 of 11

I just purchased a set of script letters, because my writing is horrible. Here is the web site.

http://www.globalsugarart.com/cat.php?cid=691

veronica970206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica970206 Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 1:57am
post #10 of 11

I just went to that website the global sugar one, and oh my gosh, is that forever awesome!!! They have so many neat items, I am so hooked already!!! Thanks so much for the info, Sincerely, Veronica

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 2:03am
post #11 of 11

One word -- Tappits! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%