Castle Cake For 7 Year Old???

Decorating By sweet_honesty Updated 25 Sep 2007 , 2:33pm by sweet_honesty

sweet_honesty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_honesty Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 12:19pm
post #1 of 4

I have a cake to do for the birthday of a little girl who is turning 7 in November. I was toying with the idea of doing either a castle or a doll cake neither of which I have attempted before and am dying to try. But would those two ideas appeal to a child of that age? Although I would like an excuse to try out something new I do want to make a ckae that she would like. Any opinions?

3 replies
kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 12:37pm
post #2 of 4

I was a very girly-girl when I was 7 years old and I would have LOVED either a doll cake or castle cake. In fact, my aunt was taking cake decorating lessons around the time I turned 4 and she made me a doll cake for that birthday and I've never forgotten it.

A castle cake would definitely be more challenging. Here is my tutorial to give you some ideas on where to start:

www.cakeboss.com/castletutorial.aspx

cakesbyjackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjackie Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 1:09pm
post #3 of 4

Most 7 year old girls are still into princess/dolls/fairies/etc. My dd is 6 1/2 and she LOVES all things related to those mentioned above. The doll cake is much easier than the castle, but both are a great idea...if you're feeling particularly ambitious, you could do a castle with a small doll next to it icon_smile.gif

sweet_honesty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_honesty Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 2:33pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks a lot. I don't think I have the time to try both at once. That tutorial was really helpful. Looks like a lot of work but I think I'm up for the challenge.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%