[B]Unbelievable Customer Rant[/b]

Decorating By aussienyankie Updated 21 Sep 2007 , 5:32am by CoutureCake

aussienyankie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aussienyankie Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 3:08am
post #1 of 6

I mad this cake the other day for a customer http://www.cakecentral.com/mod.....id=1051983
I thought it was really cute, But I got this email from her tonight....

Stacey,
I was under the impression that this cake would be
homemade, not a Betty Crocker cake with pretty icing
on top. I am very disappointed that I spent $30 for a
cake that I could have gotten at a bakery for a little
bit more but with a good cake.
When you said you could make 3 flavors I was under the
impression that you had recipes for those 3 flavors.
I do not like boxed cake, therefore I did not like the
flavor of this cake, plus the cake was not WHITE as I
requested, but it was YELLOW.
What the heck is going on here?
icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

OK so I did not make this cake from a box and i thought it tasted really good as i always taste the bits i cut off just to make sure everything is fine, As i am sure most of you do....
I just couldn't believe this She only payed $30!!!!!!!!!!
Also i knew from the moment she started email me this would be a problem women i should have listened to my gut..When she turned up and got the cake she looked all mad about something even my husband made a comment as soon as she left about the way she acted...So i knew this email was coming...OK now i have vented i wanted to know how many other people have had customers like this?
Oh and she actually had to buy her own birthday cake, I think that says it all about her.....

5 replies
shebellas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shebellas Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 3:28am
post #2 of 6

I haven't had that happen to me YET...I know it will happen one day.

I wanted to let you know the link to the photo isn't working...

Keep you're chin up we're not going to please everyone.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 3:38am
post #3 of 6

Sorry this has happened to you! But, I can't see the pic...Not that that matters

This lady is rude! Did you tell her you made the cake from box mix? I am sure you didn't! She just assumed that because it was yellow! Tell her it was made with real butter! I just can't believe some people! She was just upset she had to buy her own cake!

I wanna see the pic though! Sorry you had a rough day...I wouldn't respond to her yet though!

JanetBme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanetBme Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 4:32am
post #4 of 6

I'd just reply you are sorry that she was unhappy- but your cake was scratch made. If she never asked you if it was scratch then even if it was a box mix- so what! Also, I'd probably point out that most bakeries use a bakers base (boxed mix that comes in huge amount) or they get 'em frozen!

AJsGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AJsGirl Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 5:08am
post #5 of 6

thumbsdown.gif Boo Hiss on her for her bad behavior. I definitely would e-mail her back and tell her you made it from scratch. No wonder she had to buy her own birthday cake. icon_twisted.gif

CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 5:32am
post #6 of 6

"Dear (Cheapskate),

While I apologize that you thought the cake was a mix, it was actually a scratch cake made with fresh eggs, butter, flavorings, and other ingredients that has been developed over time. Given the complexity of the cake, if you feel that in the future your needs can be served better at the (dime store) bakery, here is their number, ______ is their head baker. Please feel free to give this other bakery a call with any future needs you might have as they ship their cakes in frozen weekly and thaw to order.

Sincerely,

aussienyankie"

What a loony... Don't even need to see the pic enough to know that the person got one heck of a deal in the first place from you and she has NOTHING to gripe about because for $30, all she really paid for was a Jiffy mix, not your time. She's just hunting for a bargain and it's just a matter of diplomatically telling her she can stick her sour grapes and lemon breath to the other baker who most likely won't do cakes for her anymore...

For the future... Trust your instincts!!!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%