Help! I Need A Kitchen Aid Mixer!

Decorating By dogwalkin Updated 20 Sep 2007 , 2:15am by superstar

dogwalkin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dogwalkin Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 12:39pm
post #1 of 22

I am looking to buy a KitchenAid stand mixer. I think I have decided on the Artisan 5 qt. icon_biggrin.gif I am so excited. I have wanted one for so long and now I am getting one. DH told me the other day that I might get one for Christmas, and I said "no, I am getting a new digital camera for Christmas, I am getting a KitchenAid now!" I knew the day would come if I waited long enough!

Does anyone know anywhere that they might be on sale? I am in Tennessee but don't mind ordering one if I can get it cheaper.

TIA!

Ashley

21 replies
vdrsolo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vdrsolo Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 12:58pm
post #2 of 22

you missed an awesome sale at Lowe's a few weeks ago, they were on sale for $150, but most of us were able to use coupons and rebates, I got a couple for $90 each!

Last I checked, amazon.com had a fairly decent deal, plus free shipping and a $30 kitchenaid rebate, check there first. White is probably the cheapest.

You may also check Ebay, alot of people bought multiple mixers and are selling them on Ebay, but the shipping may exceed the cost of getting one on sale somewhere.

Good luck!

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 1:03pm
post #3 of 22

not sure if it will help or not, but Bed, Bath, and Beyond has a 20% coupon right now... if you can find someone on their mailing list. Hey, a discount's a discount. icon_razz.gif

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 1:03pm
post #4 of 22

Go to Kitchenaid.com. I just got my 6 quart Pro for $239!!! It retails all over the internet for $500 or more. It's refurbished but comes with a warranty. For as much as I use it, I figure I'll know LONG before the warranty is up whether or not it's a good mixer. Plus, it's a KA, so I figure it'll be a good mixer anyway!

dogwalkin Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 1:06pm
post #5 of 22

I called KitchenAid yesterday and they told me that the refurbished only come with a 6 month warranty.

I also found one on HomeDepot's website for 269. and I am going to see if Lowe's will match that and then beat it by 10%. They have done it for me before. I just want to get the best deal.

I would rather not have white. The ones I have found on Ebay are just as much as the ones in the stores by the time you get shipping. And a lot of the ones on Ebay are refurbished.

Thanks!

dreamn900 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamn900 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 1:07pm
post #6 of 22

I got mine from Macy's. It was on sale for $199 and then I had coupon for $50 off. What a steal icon_lol.gif

dogwalkin Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 1:10pm
post #7 of 22

Which are better the bowl lift or the tilt head. The mixer I have now has a tilt head and I really like it, so I am leaning toward the tilt head!

kitkatkit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kitkatkit Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 1:11pm
post #8 of 22

Where did you get your coupon for $50 dollars off.

darrahmomof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darrahmomof3 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 1:13pm
post #9 of 22

I got one at the Lowes sale. LOVE IT!!! Hope you can find a good deal. I did not want to part with the money to buy it, but I am sure glad I did! It was well worth it. Where are you in Tennessee?? I live in Paris TN.

dogwalkin Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 1:15pm
post #10 of 22

I live just north of Nashville in Pleasant View. We have been to Paris many times.

SUUMEME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SUUMEME Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 1:15pm
post #11 of 22

icon_smile.gif My KA mixer has the tilt head and I like it too. I would love to hear different oppinions on this subjet though, never thought of getting the "bowl lift". I got mine 10 years ago with our wedding money, truthfully we had the mixer weeks before we got a bed! THAT is a sign of a true baker!

fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 1:16pm
post #12 of 22

You may want to try everythingkitchens.com. Their shipping is free and you get a $30 rebate. Their KA Artisan is at $249.95 less $30 rebate, which gives you a total of $219.95!!

HTH

ctackett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ctackett Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 1:26pm
post #13 of 22

I got a 4 1/2 qt for 198 at walmart

Mandica12182 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mandica12182 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 1:45pm
post #14 of 22

I have used the tilt head one, and I have the KA pro with the bowl lift and as much as I love my KA I don't like the bowl lift as much!! It's just more of a hassel to me, and there are times when I really wish I could just raise the head of my mixer...it'd make cleaning soo much easier. JMHO though!

vdrsolo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vdrsolo Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 2:14pm
post #15 of 22

My opinion on tilt head vs bowl lift may be a little biased because I grew up on a tilt head.

I have had my own tilt head KA for almost 15 years. I received a bowl lift as a gift. I absolutely HATED it! But it may be cause I'm not used to it. When I make icing/batter, I like to fill up my bowl a couple of inches shy from the top. In order to scrape the bottom of the bowl to get any flour/powdered sugar they may be sticking at the bottom, you have to remove the beaters from the bowl lift model in order to remove the bowl. Even though the bowl is dropped, this can be very messy when trying to remove the beaters with stuff all over it.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 2:23pm
post #16 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdrsolo

My opinion on tilt head vs bowl lift may be a little biased because I grew up on a tilt head.

I have had my own tilt head KA for almost 15 years. I received a bowl lift as a gift. I absolutely HATED it! But it may be cause I'm not used to it. When I make icing/batter, I like to fill up my bowl a couple of inches shy from the top. In order to scrape the bottom of the bowl to get any flour/powdered sugar they may be sticking at the bottom, you have to remove the beaters from the bowl lift model in order to remove the bowl. Even though the bowl is dropped, this can be very messy when trying to remove the beaters with stuff all over it.

And here I never liked the tilt head. I found the tilt head harder to get into.
Then there's the issues revolving around how much it can mix. My husband (he's a mechanic) says that on basic principal the bowl lift is going to be able to handle more stuff, there isn't that slight give there has to be with the tilting head.

gabbenmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabbenmom Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 2:26pm
post #17 of 22

[quote="vdrsolo"]you missed an awesome sale at Lowe's a few weeks ago, they were on sale for $150, but most of us were able to use coupons and rebates, I got a couple for $90 each!

quote]

This is when I bought mine at Lowe's. I received a letter back in the mail telling me mine did NOT qualify for the rebate. It was only 3 select model numbers. Talk about disappointing! Anyone else have that problem.

I also like the tilt head, but that is what I have always used! I do think the 6 qt would be great though! Sears will also honor adds and beat by 10%. Linenes and things or Bed Bath and Beyond (one of them atleast) do the same thing and they always have a coupon out.

projectqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
projectqueen Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 2:34pm
post #18 of 22

You can check Amazon.com. I got mine a couple of years ago and it was $249 with a rebate and free shipping. I think it ended up about $189 total.

They have the supersaver free shipping offer a lot on Amazon. And it came fast, too!

Good luck. I have the Artisan 5 1/2 quart and I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!

JILBRY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JILBRY Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 3:02pm
post #19 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalkin

I am looking to buy a KitchenAid stand mixer. I think I have decided on the Artisan 5 qt. icon_biggrin.gif I am so excited. I have wanted one for so long and now I am getting one. DH told me the other day that I might get one for Christmas, and I said "no, I am getting a new digital camera for Christmas, I am getting a KitchenAid now!" I knew the day would come if I waited long enough!

Does anyone know anywhere that they might be on sale? I am in Tennessee but don't mind ordering one if I can get it cheaper.

TIA!

Ashley

Last night they had them on QVC for easy pay @ $286.00 with a $30 rebate. I know they still have them @ that price w/the rebate but I dont think they have easy pay today. But you can check. here is the link. They had some unusual colors too. Beautiful!
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/app.nav/params.class.4695/walk.yah.0102-4695?cm_re=MH-_-COOKINGDINING-_-KITCHENAID&cm_sp=MH-_-COOKINGDINING-_-KITCHENAID

rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 3:28pm
post #20 of 22

Sam's Club has the 6qt. (bowl lift) for a little over $200. Sorry, I can't remember the exact price, but it was a good deal!

vonnie99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vonnie99 Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 12:55am
post #21 of 22

I have all but committed myself to the the 4.5 quart Kitchen Aid(money is key!!) - anyone have feed back on this model as far as performance is concerned?

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 2:15am
post #22 of 22

Costco has the 5qt. Professional (Lift) for #249.00
That is the best I have seen. I love mine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%