My New Website

Business By AmandaPanda Updated 18 Sep 2007 , 5:16pm by SANDRAAMADOR

AmandaPanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaPanda Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 5:26am
post #1 of 32

Hey I am in the process of working on my new website ... let me know what you all think ..... As I do more business I will be looking into adding cake categories for wedding and carved etc...

anyway here it is so far ... the url will be my business name they are workig on getting it pointed but I think they said it can take up to 2 weeks to get that pointed over.

http://hstrial-ahunter279.homestead.com/index.html

31 replies
Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 5:35am
post #2 of 32

I think it is wonderful!! great job thumbs_up.gif

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 5:37am
post #3 of 32

Wow, it looks great! I love the colors!!! Love everything about it! If you don't mind me asking, who did you use to design it?

msamson9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msamson9 Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 5:38am
post #4 of 32

I don't know anything about setting up a website, but I love the pics and the layout you have posted on your site.

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 5:39am
post #5 of 32

Very cute, nice home page. A real eye catcher with the bright pink and I love your business name. Good luck it looks like your off to a great start

Shamitha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shamitha Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 5:47am
post #6 of 32

Looks great. Good luck thumbs_up.gif

AmandaPanda Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 5:54am
post #7 of 32

thanks guys I used www.homestead.com their templates .. it was REALLY easy to do ... and it is affordable. I don't have a program I like to create my own pages right now and do not have the money to purchase a program so I am just using the predesigned templates and editing them to my needs. homestead is very user friendly.

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 5:58am
post #8 of 32

Thanks Amanda!

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 8:41am
post #9 of 32

I love the different shades of pink stripes! Very cuteicon_smile.gif All looks great!

FlowerGirlMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlowerGirlMN Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 10:58am
post #10 of 32

very cute!

My only suggestion is that - on my computer at least - the peach colored text is pretty hard to read. You may want something a tad darker for more contrast with the white background! It looks like that's only on the front page.

Oh wait, one other thing - is there supposed to be text at the bottom of the cake and cookie pages? There's a big block of white space, not sure if that was intentional.

Looks great though!

kaseynh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseynh Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 11:05am
post #11 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerGirlMN

very cute!

My only suggestion is that - on my computer at least - the peach colored text is pretty hard to read. You may want something a tad darker for more contrast with the white background! It looks like that's only on the front page.

Oh wait, one other thing - is there supposed to be text at the bottom of the cake and cookie pages? There's a big block of white space, not sure if that was intentional.

Looks great though!

I agree w/FlowerGirl, I had a really hard time reading the pastel text, something a little darker would be easier on the eyes icon_smile.gif Other than that, I love the colors and layout!

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 11:15am
post #12 of 32

Very cute site!

Hollyanna70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollyanna70 Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 11:24am
post #13 of 32

I'm afraid I have to agree. The text on the home page is difficult to read. I thought it might be because I didn't have my contacts in, but I put my glasses on and it still hurt my eyes. It was easier for me to read, but I think it could stand to be a tad darker.

Also, there's a typo in the word "friends". icon_smile.gif I just thought you'd like to know, in case it was overlooked.

I like the name too.. It's um.. well, it's snazzy. icon_biggrin.gif

Fabulous job on the website. The colors work well together. Beautiful cakes, and cupcakes, too.

Holly

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 11:30am
post #14 of 32

I love it, but agree with the text color! I hate to be critical, but that's what you asked for, and with my eyesight, that was the first thing I started to squint at. Hope this helps. Love how bright and cheery it is and easy to move around and see what I want to see. Great job!

vonnie99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vonnie99 Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 11:31am
post #15 of 32

Good job! I agree with the others about the text but that is an easy enough fix. Your cupcakes look great by the way!

ilka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ilka Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 11:47am
post #16 of 32

Looks real good....

AmandaPanda Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 12:36pm
post #17 of 32

thanks! I will change that text color today .... I thought that might be an issue ... that is why I love you guys icon_smile.gif

AmandaPanda Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 2:46pm
post #18 of 32

ok I changed the color to a darker orange ... is that better or do you think I just need to make the text black? Thanks

FlowerGirlMN Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 2:51pm
post #19 of 32

The orange is better, but I'm thinking the same black font used on the pricing page might work best. Good for continuity, too

FlowerGirlMN Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 2:52pm
post #20 of 32

btw, the header title on the pricing page is "photo album"

AmandaPanda Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 2:56pm
post #21 of 32

thanks I fixed that now icon_smile.gif

krazykat_14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krazykat_14 Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 3:18pm
post #22 of 32

The colors are great, I got here in time to see the orange not the peach, so I was a little confused at first! Not hard to do! Hahaha...

anyway, you need to fix the "freinds" typo, and I'm not positive, but I do believe that "Food and baking has always been a passion of mine." should read "Food and baking have always been a passion of mine." Plural subject, two things: food and baking. It would be like "Ice cream and cake have always been my favorites"

Sorry, I used to be a writing tutor in a previous life... but proper English always gives a better impression, especially in business dealings. Actually, poor English leaves a much worse impression than good English!

HTH

AmandaPanda Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 3:22pm
post #23 of 32

thanks! lol once again is why I am glad I have others to point these things out ... I am a stickler for correct english myself although I am by no means an expert so I do tend to use incorrect english from time to time.

krazykat_14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krazykat_14 Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 3:32pm
post #24 of 32

ok, another suggestion: maybe make a link to get a larger view of the pics? I LOVE your cupcakes, they are SO pretty! I (as an internet viewer) would like to be able to click on the picture to get a larger view. I don't know if you have to pay per page or anything, so it may not be practical.

Also, a picture on the Pricing page in that big empty pink block would be pretty, too.

MrsAB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsAB Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 3:43pm
post #25 of 32

I love your website AmandaPanda! The colors are very eye catching and I love your logo. Very nice.

omaida Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
omaida Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 3:53pm
post #26 of 32

GIRL THIS IS AWESOME!! I love the colors and the Sazzy Baker , adorable!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

kellyshe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyshe Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 4:01pm
post #27 of 32

Gee...I don't want to come off as a wet noodle, but for your own protection, you may want to remove the R2D2 cake since it is a violation of Federal Copyright Infringement Law to reproduce in any manner artwork that is original, a copy, or a likeness without written consent from the artist or photographer.

I am in the process of becoming legal in my home as well as to advertise. In the process, I spoke with a patent lawyer that was kind enough to scare the daylights out of me.

Again, it's only a suggestion as a way to cover yourself. Otherwise, the site is cute!

AmandaPanda Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 4:02pm
post #28 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykat_14

ok, another suggestion: maybe make a link to get a larger view of the pics? I LOVE your cupcakes, they are SO pretty! I (as an internet viewer) would like to be able to click on the picture to get a larger view. I don't know if you have to pay per page or anything, so it may not be practical.

Also, a picture on the Pricing page in that big empty pink block would be pretty, too.

thanks I actually planned on doing this .... I will have to link to an external photo hosting page though because the package I have only allows me to have 5 pages ... but that is somethign I plan on working on soon ... I still have about 2 weeks before it is associated with my real URL.

Thanks icon_smile.gif

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 4:04pm
post #29 of 32

Very nice and colorful, catches the eye and everything seems to be there as price, flavors and so forth. GREAT JOB!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

Kyleen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kyleen Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 4:31pm
post #30 of 32

Hey Girl,
I am glad you finally got your site. Looks great!!! Keep up the wonderful work. Love the cakes. I designed my site myself. Totally understand about needing a user friendly program. I use Yahoo's site builder myself and pain.net for the graphics and logo. If you ever need help, just let me know. I don't do html, but I do have my degree in graphic design and may be able to help. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%