Wilton Icing Bag Ties

Decorating By steph95 Updated 16 Sep 2007 , 3:01pm by jeking

steph95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steph95 Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 1:55pm
post #1 of 17

This is the first time I've used them since I bought them. They are wonderful. Better than rubber bands because you can move them down the bag as you use the icing. My hand was not cramping as it usually does.

16 replies
shivs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shivs Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 2:28pm
post #2 of 17

I saw those at Hobby Lobby yesterday and almost got them, but thaught they may not work.............I wish I had now. I am always searching for a rubber band!

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 2:34pm
post #3 of 17

Thanks I've been looking at those also and didn't know if they were worth buying, guess I will now. icon_lol.gif

MOBOGAL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MOBOGAL Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 2:47pm
post #4 of 17

I LOVE these! I bought them b/c I was desperate to find a way to stop the icing squeezing out the back of the bag. It's so much easier to pipe now! Totally worth the tiny amount of $$.

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 4:38pm
post #5 of 17

LOVE THEM!

One of the best things I've ever invested in for decorating.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 10:53pm
post #6 of 17

When I first saw these I was like, well you can do that with a rubber band.

But I did buy them to try out and to show my students them, and I do like them. I wrap mine around twice, but it does keep the icing in the bag very well, which is one thing I have noticed some students have problems with. By keeping the icing in the bag it makes it easier on your hands. When you squeeze and the icing is coming out both ends you are having to squeeze that much harder to get the icing out the bottom where you need it to go.

Cake-Happy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake-Happy Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 11:01pm
post #7 of 17

I've been looking at them too, but wasn't sure how well they worked. Thanks!

Monilynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monilynn Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 11:11pm
post #8 of 17

Thanks so much ! I was wondering this ! I will have to go buy them now !

Monica

tchrmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tchrmom Posted 16 Sep 2007 , 2:36am
post #9 of 17

I don't even use rubber bands-- just twist the bags, but if people are saying it's easier on the hands, I have to try it . Mine are often really hurting after even a simple 20-minute basket weave. Thanks.

steph95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steph95 Posted 16 Sep 2007 , 4:09am
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrmom

I don't even use rubber bands-- just twist the bags, but if people are saying it's easier on the hands, I have to try it . Mine are often really hurting after even a simple 20-minute basket weave. Thanks.

I always twisted, also. I tried a rubber band once a year or two ago. PITA. I still twist b4 I put the ties on.

MandaBrizown Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandaBrizown Posted 16 Sep 2007 , 4:37am
post #11 of 17

thanks for letting us know about these. I am going to get them for my students. thumbs_up.gif

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 16 Sep 2007 , 4:57am
post #12 of 17

I received these bag ties in early August when I went to the AIM. They do work great and now my students don't have icing coming out the top of the bags.

Has anybody noticed that the Wilton featherweight bags that come in the student course kits now have fill lines on them so they don't overfill. I thought that was awesome! thumbs_up.gif

moochy720 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moochy720 Posted 16 Sep 2007 , 5:15am
post #13 of 17

A fellow cake decorating friend of mine bought them for me but I haven't gotten a chance to use them yet. Though she had bought them for herself before she got them for me and I think she said they worked really well. icon_lol.gif

cakeatopia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatopia Posted 16 Sep 2007 , 1:15pm
post #14 of 17

I looked at the ties the other day when I was trying to use my HL 40off coupon(Believe it or not, I walked out w/o buying anything b/c I have everything I need, although this hobby baker is wanting to try more fondant stuff slowly, but surely!). I will have to go back and get them--HL has a 40off coupon this week on any one item--guess this will be my 1 item!

Thanks for the review!

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 16 Sep 2007 , 2:44pm
post #15 of 17

I had thought about these when I do cake decorating birthday parties but since I started using the icing plugs, I don't have the "back-up" problem.

ptain Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptain Posted 16 Sep 2007 , 2:48pm
post #16 of 17

I bought these when they first came out and I love them....

jeking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeking Posted 16 Sep 2007 , 3:01pm
post #17 of 17

I LOVE them...seems like I always had a time keeping the bag twisted. It's so much easier on your hands. Also, it keeps the icing from drying out at the back side of the bag...especially with RI.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%