Any One Else Have Boys? Bathroom Question. . . .

Lounge By Momofjakeandjosh Updated 6 Dec 2006 , 4:31pm by cinderspritzer

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 6:25pm
post #31 of 56

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

bkdcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkdcakes Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 7:04pm
post #32 of 56

Well, Mark is right about the lid - if everyone puts it down, everyone has to adjust. And that eliminates the "big gaping hole" that is so ugly! When my boys were little, we kept the lids down to keep them out of the toilets, but now they stay up all the time - I think it's time for a change!!! Hahaha! (Good luck to me with that! icon_confused.gif )

justduit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justduit Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 7:13pm
post #33 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by veejaytx

Okay, come on, Mark! Lets be real here, you guys can actually do your business with the seat down, but naturally it is preferable to have it up, but we women pretty much don't have a choice in the matter and if it is up we get a dunking!

Another reason for putting the seat down, that commode isn't the most attractive thing in the house in the first place, and with the seat up it looks like a big gaping hole.

IMHO there is no argument for leaving the seat up, and plenty for putting it down. Janice

Janice, I agree with not leaving the seat up, like I said, I close lid and all. But my argument is (just for the sake of argument by the way, it's not really an issue with me) why is it up to the men to accomadate the women and not the other way around?

The whole dunking/falling in argument is fallacious. Simply look before you sit! I sit on the toilet at least once a day, and I have never fallen in. Not a difficult task to accomplish.

What would happen to you if the lid was down? Would you pee on top of the lid? Or would you open it before you sat down? Why would that be more difficult than putting down a seat that is up?

Mark
icon_evil.gif (just stirring the pot!) icon_evil.gif

good36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
good36 Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 8:07pm
post #34 of 56

If your toliet isn't caulked by the floor I would do that after bleaching it well. Let is dry out and caulk. I bet pee is getting under there or in the cracks in floor or molding. Good luck!
Judy

Dale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dale Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 8:49pm
post #35 of 56
Quote:
Quote:

Women are capable of looking before they sit (by the way, men sit on the toilet sometimes also, we just look first and put the seat down if necessary)

YEAH! How come she can look and see my socks on the floor but cant look to see if the toilet lids up. Sounds like a conspiracy against "THE MAN."

NeeNee30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NeeNee30 Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 10:00pm
post #36 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by justduit

OK, here's the thing. Why is it that men are required to pick the seat up before we go, and put it down afterward? icon_confused.gif Is it that women are incapable of moving the seat up or down? Or of being able to tell at a glance that the seat is up and putting it down before sitting? I never have understood this issue. If women want to be treated the same everywhere else, it goes for the toilet also! icon_razz.gif Women are capable of looking before they sit (by the way, men sit on the toilet sometimes also, we just look first and put the seat down if necessary) and of putting the seat down if necessary. I solved this problem for myself by putting down not only the seat, but also the lid. Therefore, everyone has to raise something before using the toilet - equality! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Mark

ROTFLMAO!!!!! I have only fallen in a toilet once! That one time changed me!! tapedshut.gif lol I do put the lid down when I am done. And that is what I expect of the men in my house too. Not that it happens with my boys icon_rolleyes.gif , but.... they still have time to learn, right??? icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

And my DM has peed (sorry, no offense) on a closed toilet seat before!!! OMG talk about funny!!! icon_lol.giftapedshut.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 11:56pm
post #37 of 56

My 5-1/2 yr old pees sitting down and doesn't want to stand.We tried to teach him but he doesn't want to.....that's okay with me..I never have pee stains on my rim or floors as myDH sits also!!

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 4:47am
post #38 of 56

After you clean with either Clorox,Natures Miracleor Skunk Away, try putting a heavy clear plastic on the floor around the toilet. They sell this plastic in fabric stores or you could get one of those clear floor mats that you put under a highchair. You could really use any type of rubber mat and just cut out a section to fit snuggle around the toilet. When you have company you can quickly pick up the mat and then replace it when they leave. It's not a permanent solution, but maybe it your sons can then see how bad their aim actually is. I use to hand my son and husband the cleaning supplies and told them if they could not aim in the toilet without splashing then they got the pleasure of scrubbing up their mess. I think the toilet seat lid up game that is played has another solution. Whenever I found the lid up I would put both lid and cover down so that they would have to lift up two covers to pee. Just that extra weight use to drive my DH nuts. Until he got up at night (nightlite burned out) and fell in the toilet, he did not think it was important either. Now, he makes sure that it is down because he gets up more at night than I do.

LukeRubyJoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LukeRubyJoy Posted 18 Nov 2006 , 9:20pm
post #39 of 56

Funny Thread! I have a son (7) that waits until the last possible second to go...then when he does, it comes flying out in all directions....and literally sprays down my whole bathroom!!!! ARG!

I honestly think that it is seaping into my caulk around the toilet now...it is discolored and I CANNOT get it out. I use the clorox clean-up in the spray bottle too....but my eyes start to water...and I use clorox wipes too....Yikes!

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 1:46am
post #40 of 56

...just have one thing to offer up as advice as I have had 4 boys and 1 DH in my house over the years...
Look at any walls near the toilet...I found that to be a culprit in contributing to the sniff, sniff...

I have laughed my head off at the posts on this topic!! icon_lol.gif

HTH

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 7:21pm
post #41 of 56

this thread is too funny.......and I for one don't care if guys don't put the lid back down after they go potty......heck I'm just thrilled if they put it up in the first place.....is it me or does everyone else with boys and a DH in their house go into the bathroom and EVERY time have pee drips all over the seat??? I have to clean the toilet seat just about every single time I go to the bathroom!! ARghhh!!! My 7 yr. old boy is the worst with the aim....he has a very short attention span and he gets in the bathroom (at the last possible second) and starts to pee and aims great........but then (he leaves the door open all the time so I've witnessed this on many occasions) he starts to scratch his head , then he looks around, sees something on the wall......turns to investigate it or pick it or scratch it or something and pee goes EVERYWHERE!!!!!! the lid, the floor, the wall.........it'll go all over the place and he'll act like he has no clue he EVER missed!! boys...............ugh

Sweetpeeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetpeeps Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 8:08pm
post #42 of 56

My one son(5 at the time) was pretty bad about missing the toilet. Actually he would over pee and the urine would proceed down the rest of the toilet and all over the floor. It would stink up the whole bathroom and get really nasty. Anyway, he quit doing it after I made him clean up the floor all around the toilet and the toilet with an old toothbrush. Actually, it took twice. But, after that I haven't had a problem with it and it's been 2 years! Woohoo.

arwin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arwin Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 8:23pm
post #43 of 56

Hello everyone
Just a quick comment here, (sorry Dale) but I taught my boys & DH to sit down!!!!!! Its a disgusting mess, when I find out that one of my sons does stand, of course they miss! ewwwwww!!! icon_sad.gif I make them clean it ALL up until I am satisfied with the job. May sound mean (my boys are 13, 15 & 45) but I refuse to do the 'dirty' work, no way, not for me. And it's not hygenic either. ewwwwwww but thankfully i don't have that funky smell going on. but i don't have a furry hat on the seat either, or carpet stuff in the bathroom for any chance of collecting bacteria!

cakegurl06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegurl06 Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 9:12pm
post #44 of 56

FUNNY! Thank God I have one girl and no boys! Who'd have thought? I always complained that girls are so difficult!

Mark and Dale you guys are hilarious!

Dale Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 2:36am
post #45 of 56

Men sitting down to pee...next thing you'll want is us to say "Teal" instead of "Green." "Poot" instead of "Crank one out"...god forbid...what's next..."Lets cuddle snookums?"
Dont take the man of MAN...dont kill the mystery!
A "Sitting to tinkle boy" probably cant change your tire, kill your bugs, open the pickle jar, fight in a bar room brawl over you, fix the mower, change the oil, reach the high spots, tickle the low spots and protect you from rabid vampire bats. It's in our genes...it's in our jeans! Start with sitting to pee...end up married to a episode of Will & Grace. Have him stand up...help him if he needs it....marriage takes two...use 2 hands if you have to. Duty calls! DUTY CALLS!!!
Whenever I stop people and the wife starts jabbering while the husband sits quietly behind the wheel...first thing I think is "I bet she has him sitting down to pee too."

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 3:33am
post #46 of 56

Geez, Dale, with a sense of humor like yours, you can pull me over anytime!! Not that I'll get to NC anytime soon! By the way, your cakes look great in your gallery!

Dale Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 4:16am
post #47 of 56

I'm easy to find...I'm the only cop in NC with any sense of humor...the rest of them have had theirs surgically removed in the academy...it was attached to their personality, also removed.
All were sold on ebay under "Like new...hardly used."
Thanks for the compliment too!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 9:04am
post #48 of 56

Somehow I would think that a sense of humor would be a necessity for a cop with the pressures you have to work under today.

You are very funny, and that is good, but I suspect that you are also a terrific cop. Janice

mocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakes Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 11:10pm
post #49 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale

A "Sitting to tinkle boy" probably cant change your tire, kill your bugs, open the pickle jar, fight in a bar room brawl over you, fix the mower, change the oil, reach the high spots, tickle the low spots and protect you from rabid vampire bats. "

Boy, Dale, you couldn't be further from the truth on that one!!!! thumbsdown.gif

My husband, aka: McGyver, can build a cake stand in 7.2 seconds with plywood, his drill and his manly hands, he can fix any electrical, plumbing, mechanical problem you throw at him, he can design, draw, create and build anything you want built, he can gut a house in 30 days, and rebuild it for his admiring family to move into, he can lay hardwood floors, ceramic tile, build a gazebo, sunroom...and even landscape a yard beautifully! (My 4 sisters have even asked if they can rent him out... icon_lol.gif )

AND.....he SITS DOWN TO PEE!!!!!! I never even asked him too! His momma' taught him well. She had 5 boys and I can only imagine what THOSE bathrooms smelled like!

So...apology accepted.... thumbs_up.gif I know, I know....he's one in 50 million. icon_rolleyes.gif

mocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakes Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 11:12pm
post #50 of 56

PS....

My dad was a Missouri State Highway Patrolman and just retired after 40 years...and my brother-in-law has been one for 3 years...so I have nothing but respect for all the men and women in law enforcement!!

Thanks for all you do!

lilthorner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilthorner Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 9:53pm
post #51 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale

A "Sitting to tinkle boy" probably cant change your tire, kill your bugs, open the pickle jar, fight in a bar room brawl over you, fix the mower, change the oil, reach the high spots, tickle the low spots and protect you from rabid vampire bats. "

Boy, Dale, you couldn't be further from the truth on that one!!!! thumbsdown.gif

My husband, aka: McGyver, can build a cake stand in 7.2 seconds with plywood, his drill and his manly hands, he can fix any electrical, plumbing, mechanical problem you throw at him, he can design, draw, create and build anything you want built, he can gut a house in 30 days, and rebuild it for his admiring family to move into, he can lay hardwood floors, ceramic tile, build a gazebo, sunroom...and even landscape a yard beautifully! (My 4 sisters have even asked if they can rent him out... icon_lol.gif )

AND.....he SITS DOWN TO PEE!!!!!! I never even asked him too! His momma' taught him well. She had 5 boys and I can only imagine what THOSE bathrooms smelled like!

So...apology accepted.... thumbs_up.gif I know, I know....he's one in 50 million. icon_rolleyes.gif

thats funny!

i really like his nickname.. i call my mom senior (for McGuyver Sr.) she calls me Jr. for McGuyver Jr. I put everything together in the house including furniture and program vcrs..

As a matter of fact my DH remarked yesterday that I love to build stuff I said the Bible says a wise woman buildeth her house.

Back on topic though.. I have a 3 (4 wednesday) he pees standing up and Now has ggot it into his brain that he doesnt have to lift the seat. He usually does very well, but when he doesnt OMG

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 12:57am
post #52 of 56

When I saw the title of this thread I couldn't believe it. I was thining..." Have they been to my house?" I have three boys... four if you count my husband. I live by the clorox wipes and bath and bodyworks air freshener! I grew up with only a sister, so this whole "boy's bathroom" smell is new to me. I'm not sure how I didn't find this out until after I was married, but boys stink. icon_eek.gif

I love them, but they sure do smell. icon_lol.gif

pavilioni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pavilioni Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 1:48am
post #53 of 56

I'm a man. I was raised by my mom and Grandma and I'm proud to be a "sitter". I wish I taught my 2 boys to sit as well, but its too late now.

For cleanining... here is what I have learned...among the obvious things to clean, also clean the walls, curtains and sink (yes I said "sink").

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 3:01am
post #54 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxcop1

Sometimes the space between the floor and the toilet can get full of "man gunk."

OK, Y'ALL--DON'T GO THERE...it's just stuff that after a few years, messes up around the lil' "O" ring seal between the toilet and the floor.

Every few years, I take my toilets up and replace that "O" ring. Give it a good cleaning, and a bead of caulk---you're good to go. Takes 1/2 an afternoon to do two toilets.

HTH,
--Knox--

I was gonna say the same thing, well not exactly! I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned and finally I came to the conclusion that the caulking around the toilet base in the front was the culprit. It was a gross dark yellow so replacing the caulking resulted in a cleaner smell! For a while that is!

Amy

Dale!~ You are giving me the laugh I have needed all day! Thank you!

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 3:10am
post #55 of 56

Okay okay, I read the rest of the posts now and I'll confess, my husband sits to pee sometimes as well except for the mornings! icon_razz.gif

Amy

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 4:31pm
post #56 of 56

i didn't read all the pages, so forgive me if this has been said before but...

to help with aim (which i seem to need to do for DH) put some cheerios is the bowl and tell them to pee on them. they'll never hurt the septic system, and it really works for training purposes.

i dread potty training my two young sons

and for odor, use some white vinegar and some water and mop it up. if it's ceramic tile, you can use a VERY SMALL amount of amonia in a bucket of water and mop in there and it will help.

and sometimes the yucky smell can be intensified by body oils and stuff being stuck inside your drains. put 1 cup vinegar and 1 cup baking soda in the drain. let it sit for 20 mins. the foam will eat away the particles. then pour boiling water down the drain and it will be cleaned right up. it works wonders. also works with hair plugged drains, but you ususally have to do it a couple times for that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%