2 Piece Book Pan Question

Decorating By TJSCAKES Updated 14 Sep 2007 , 5:42pm by TJSCAKES

TJSCAKES Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJSCAKES Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 11:04pm
post #1 of 6

Hi..I have the 2 piece book pan by Wilton and I have a really stupid question. After you bake them, do you put butt up together the taller part or the shorter part of the cakes...I can't tell which way they go......I wish they still had instructions for it......thanks!!

5 replies
jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 11:17pm
post #2 of 6

Bigger ones should be in the middle as far as I know of. Picture the book laying out opened up....smaller edges out. hope this helps!

TJSCAKES Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 11:54pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenlg

Bigger ones should be in the middle as far as I know of. Picture the book laying out opened up....smaller edges out. hope this helps!

thanks!...I thought it looked better that way, but they don't butt up together very well and looked weird......I should of just bought the newer book pan, instead of borrowing this older 2 piece pan....

jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 12:09am
post #4 of 6

Everyone gets a brain freeze at some point during the course of designing cakes!! Sure know I do!!

Magda_MI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Magda_MI Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 5:06pm
post #5 of 6

If it helps, here's a book I made with that same 2 piece book pan. It curves down in the middle, and up at the ends, so it's thickest a couple of inches from the center. I actually like the shape better than the newer one piece pans.
LL

TJSCAKES Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 5:42pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magda_MI

If it helps, here's a book I made with that same 2 piece book pan. It curves down in the middle, and up at the ends, so it's thickest a couple of inches from the center. I actually like the shape better than the newer one piece pans.

thanks for the info....I ended up putting it the other way, because I wanted to make a baby shower cake from a Wilton book and it used the one piece pan which is higher on the outside.....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%