Help! Wedding Soon, Need To Find These!

Decorating By KellyGT Updated 13 Nov 2006 , 4:27pm by goal4me

KellyGT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellyGT Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 3:24pm
post #1 of 15

Hello!! I need some help! My cousin is getting married in a few weeks and she cannot find these cake tier holders. (i'm not sure of the real name. Its like these...

https://secure.cakecentral.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/48768/normal_wedding_cake_2.jpg (i hope it's ok i barrowed that pic!) She has looked everywhere and recruited me to help her. Any info you can give me would be GREAT!!

Thank you!

14 replies
DianaMarieMTV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianaMarieMTV Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 3:29pm
post #2 of 15

Sorry but your link isn't working for me.

jillchap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillchap Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 3:33pm
post #3 of 15

Kelly GT - has she tried places like Michael's or Hobby Lobby? CC has a similar one but they are currently sold out icon_sad.gif http://shop.cakecentral.com/tier-cake-dessert-stand-p-1285.html
also, check out ebay, you never know what you'll find there!

KellyGT Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 3:33pm
post #4 of 15

hmm thats weird, when i click it it works for me. i guess i'll try something else.

cassandrascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassandrascakes Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 3:35pm
post #5 of 15

This is the Wilton disposable cake stand. It costs about 30 dollars and you can order if from sugarcraft.com or they have it at Michaels. Sugarcraft's shipping is pretty high, so I would try Michaels first. Search online for disposable cake stands and you should find something. The base is styrofoam, but the stand hold up well.

KellyGT Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 3:36pm
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillchap

Kelly GT - has she tried places like Michael's or Hobby Lobby? CC has a similar one but they are currently sold out icon_sad.gif http://shop.cakecentral.com/tier-cake-dessert-stand-p-1285.html
also, check out ebay, you never know what you'll find there!

yes thats it! Perfect! Too bad its sold out icon_sad.gif
I believe so, she said she has looked EVERYWHERE. She lives in Ohio, I live in south florida and most of the stores are bigger and carry more here so I will try near me. Thanks for the picture Jillchap!

KellyGT Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 3:37pm
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassandrascakes

This is the Wilton disposable cake stand. It costs about 30 dollars and you can order if from sugarcraft.com or they have it at Michaels. Sugarcraft's shipping is pretty high, so I would try Michaels first. Search online for disposable cake stands and you should find something. The base is styrofoam, but the stand hold up well.

thank you, i will check it out!

jillchap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sophie-Em Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sophie-Em Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 3:41pm
post #9 of 15

I bought mine at AC Moore but have seen them at Michaels and Joann Fabric store. I got mine with a coupon at AC Moore for 12.00. Good luck

cassandrascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassandrascakes Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 3:44pm
post #10 of 15

You are so very welcome!!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 3:45pm
post #11 of 15

The Michaels at Lewis Center here in Ohio has them.(just north of Columbus) Be very careful using that particular stand, I have heard stories about it not being very stable.

KellyGT Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 3:49pm
post #12 of 15

ok, I think I'll go to our craft stores and see them for myself, if not i'll order from sugar craft. The ones from sugar craft are flimsy?

thanks for everyones help. icon_biggrin.gif

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 3:59pm
post #13 of 15

It is a Wilton stand, and it's junk. My sister bought it for her wedding cake, and it's hard to get them to stay straight if the cakes have any type of weight at all. It worked for the wedding, but I'm not sure how many times it could be used. They carry them at Michael's.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 4:14pm
post #14 of 15

It is supposed to be a ONE time use product. Not meant to get any more than that out of it. That is why it is so inexpensive (for a cake stand) The base is all styrofoam ~ not a good thing.

goal4me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goal4me Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 4:27pm
post #15 of 15

I think I bought that one but have never used it. Looks like the reviews are pretty poor on stability.

What about raising the cakes on different size and height upside down milk crate or coke crates etc. and other sturdy wood or plastic boxes and cover them with the table linen drapes and tucks and decorations etc...
I've seen caters do this all the time!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%