Need Ideas For A Mafia Cake

Decorating By Cakechick123 Updated 17 Sep 2007 , 5:57am by Jopalis

Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 3:21pm
post #1 of 13

my ds icon_mad.gif (please note this is NOT dear) volunteered me to make a cake for his school. It needs to be a mafia theme and Im stumped. All I can think of is a briefcase, but according to the lil bugger its not "mafia" enough tapedshut.gif

Please give me some ideas!!!!

12 replies
themaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
themaker Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 3:51pm
post #2 of 13

I can think of a lot of ideas but none that are necessarily appropriate for school.... do you know the context of what the cake is for? (like is it for a class where they read a book with a character that might make sense?)

Cakechick123 Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 6:57pm
post #3 of 13

my son is on the comittee arranging the principal's b'day, it seems that the cake will be served in the teachers lounge, about 40 servings.

TG he didnt volunteer me to make cupcakes, they were thinking of giving those to ea child, about 1000 in total icon_eek.gif

DEBBIE157 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DEBBIE157 Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 7:06pm
post #4 of 13

this is funny - I was going thru my ebay watch list earlier, and I had saved some candy molds in the shape of a horsehead!!! a little chocolate candy horsehead....hehehe

I know I have seen other cakes on this website with guns, etc on them. ALso fake blood.

spoiledbyneil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spoiledbyneil Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 7:07pm
post #5 of 13

Italian flag and money

alphafemale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alphafemale Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 7:09pm
post #6 of 13

Make a bed with a bloody horse head in it. icon_surprised.gif

They probably won't want to you make anything else after that! icon_wink.gif

Larie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Larie Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 7:15pm
post #7 of 13

what about a grave yard scene with someone in a doublebreasted suit holding a shovel...

scubasquirrel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scubasquirrel Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 7:23pm
post #8 of 13

Hi Riana -
The mafia is mostly remember for The Godfather movies with Marlin Brando as The Don or The Godfather. Great movies! But for a school cake maybe download a picture of Marlin Brando from a Movie website and have words on the cake like "fuhgeddaboudit" (which actually is "forget about it" spoken with an New York/Italain accent) or "Make him an offer he can't refuse" (which is a main line from the movie) or "Badda Bing, Badda Bam" or just the logo of "The Godfather". I work with an Italian Festival and we have used all of those. Hope that helps - Good Luck.
Shelley icon_cool.gif

spoiledbyneil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spoiledbyneil Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 7:35pm
post #9 of 13

Italian flag and money

WildWires Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WildWires Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 8:08pm
post #10 of 13

Well, the first question that comes to mind is how daring do you want to be? I think I would do a black tux, white shirt, red rose, with, as suggested by scubasquirrel, the Godfather logo or one of the sayings. I don't know how "OUT THERE" I would go for a school cake. Of course, if all bets are off, there is always the famous machine gun...judgement call...??? thumbsdown.gif / thumbs_up.gif

themaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
themaker Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 2:33am
post #11 of 13

The flag and money is the politically correct answer. icon_smile.gif

I thought about the horsehead too. Ewhhh... how gross.

Cakechick123 Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 5:34am
post #12 of 13

thanks for all the ideas posted and those that pm'd me. I decided to make it comical instead so this is what I came up with. My son was thrilled with it, just hope the principal will be too

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1045313&done=1

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 5:57am
post #13 of 13

How about a violin case with the lid open partially to reveal a machine gun....? Or.... shoes coming out of cement blocks. You could show the toe and the heel... Another is someone "sleeping with the fishes"...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%