What Is A Good Book For Kids Party Cakes?

Decorating By mohara Updated 27 Jul 2005 , 7:10pm by mrsrunning

mohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mohara Posted 25 Jul 2005 , 1:26pm
post #1 of 4

Hi.
I am just a beginner and only make cakes for family. I would like to learn how to make some fun (but not too difficult) kids cakes. I have seen a few books out there for "party cakes for kids" but I wasn't sure how good they are. I ordered a couple recently off the internet for party food and ideas for kids and the books where worthless. They said the ideas were geared for kids, but I disagree.

I have never used fondant and prefer to stick with regular icing on the cakes. (I don't know how many people actually like the taste of fondant). Anyways, if anyone can recommend a good book for kids party cakes that don't heavily concentrate on fondant, please let me know.

Thanks!!!

3 replies
mohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mohara Posted 27 Jul 2005 , 5:25pm
post #2 of 4

I just wanted to bring this back up to the top.

Has anyone heard of Amazing Party Cakes or 50 Easy Party Cakes?

Thanks!!!!

jgclucas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgclucas Posted 27 Jul 2005 , 5:37pm
post #3 of 4

I have both of those books. The cakes are covered with fondant, but I think you could use some of the ideas with BC.

mrsrunning Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsrunning Posted 27 Jul 2005 , 7:10pm
post #4 of 4

Have you thought about doing cupcakes? I checked this book out at the libary and I will prolly buy it. The book is not very big but the ideals were easy and very cute it is called Hey There Cupcake and here is a link

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0971793565/?tag=cakecentral-20

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%