Rock Stage Theme

Decorating By jenncowin Updated 11 Sep 2007 , 4:51pm by ACDMBN

jenncowin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenncowin Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 2:49am
post #1 of 4

I have a request to do a cake that has a Classic Rock theme for the party. I asked if there were a specific band(s) that thay wanted worked in and it's a UK band called Marmillion. (never heard of them) Anyway, I did a search in the galleries and didn't really come up with anything. Do any of my fellow CC'ers have and idea or have seen a pic of something out there that I can gain inspiration from. I need to call the customer back tomorrow with an idea and pricing, so any help is GREATLY appreciated on this one.

Thanks!

3 replies
jtlccbrown Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jtlccbrown Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 12:46pm
post #2 of 4

I always go to Party City or look at birthday websites, There are a lot of rock and roll party ideas, you could take an idea from one of the invitations or party favors. Goodluck.

jenncowin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenncowin Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 4:29pm
post #3 of 4

The customer is actually wanting me to reproduce a stage. I'm just at a loss on what to do. Usually I can whip up an idea with no problem, but not this time.

ACDMBN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ACDMBN Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 4:51pm
post #4 of 4

You could have a lot of fun stacking a loaf cake or 1/3 of a quarter-sheet cake on top of a quarter-sheet cake to create the stage. I would use black buttercream for the stage and a different color for the "floor. you could make some fondant figures with long hair, loud clothes (holey jeans are always good) and paint some tattoos on their arms. Oh, you could also form the instruments (drums, guitar, microphones) using fondant and dried speghetti. for the "floor" of the cake, it might be good to use a bunch fo colored dot springles to suggest lots of fans, or maybe just buttercream circles piped all over, that would give nice texture. This way you can have the fans and room for a message as well.
I hope this helps!
-Kimberly (and hardcore rocker that makes cakes) icon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%