Creative Cake Decorators, Idea For Church Anniversary Cake!

Decorating By dreamcakes Updated 11 Sep 2007 , 12:14pm by ctackett

dreamcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamcakes Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 2:40am
post #1 of 5

To all you really creative people. I need a cake idea for a church anniversary , i know i want to put a bible on the cake and also i was thinking about using the praying hands chocolate mold. does any one have a extravagant idea that i can use . be sure to describe how you would do the entire cake. hope you can give plenty helpful advice!

4 replies
ctackett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ctackett Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 2:59am
post #2 of 5

Well..I was going to say,put a bible on it, but you already thought of that!!! What about making a stainglass window on it? I don't know how to do that but it would be pretty. Or.... depending on your craftyness.....you could do like Duff does and make a replica of the whole church???

venecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
venecakes Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 3:04am
post #3 of 5

You can look at my photos, there is baptism cake with a gumpaste church on top. See if you like it.

dreamcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamcakes Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 9:39am
post #4 of 5

Girls! those ideas are splendid , just one or two things, as far as the church building , i did hand - sketch the church onto a cake last year that i did far them which was a lot of work. i think the cake was 24X36 and the church picture covered the entirety of the cake. a replica of the building is a good idea ( which i have thought about many times) but they will won't receive it because they don't want to pay what the cake is worth. And i am undercharging them anyway for this cake.( which won't happen anymore 50 dollars, Ha! Ha! how crazy , i put my foot in my mouth!) but i would like to do something nice to advertise my work. I would like to know how do the stained glass, i will post it to see if there are any responses, Thanks!

ctackett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ctackett Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 12:14pm
post #5 of 5

Maybe cut a window out of fondant and then put differnt colors and shapes of fondant on top that and then paint with luster dust?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%