Big High Heel Shoe

Decorating By Doug Updated 16 Sep 2007 , 1:00am by AlamoSweets

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 10 Sep 2007 , 2:40am
post #1 of 4

how's about one made all of cake?

so... this is a duplicate of a response to a member of our Spanish Forum in need of a high heel shoe all made out of cake.

-------------

the thick black lines are cake boards. I suggest wood or double foamcore under the slanted part and under the heel.

The heel is sitting on a large dowel that connects to a shaped block of styrofoam or, better yet, a piece of wood. If possible have a wooden base board under the entire shoe and screw the dowel to the base board from underneath. This dowel as to be very secure. I would even go so far as to drill a hole part way into the baseboard and glue the dowel as well. (see second diagram about that)

the top view shoes the general shape of the different sections of the cake.
However, a great way to get an even better pattern (and the perfect excuse to buy a new pair) for that would be to take an old high heel shoe you don't want and break off the heel and then flatten it on a piece of paper and trace. Take the tracing to a photocopy machine and enlarge it to the size you need.

Be sure the slanted section has icing or even melted chocolate all over it as a glue to hold the cake in place.

layer up the toe area and carve away to get a shape that pleases you.

for the heel, let the cake over hang just a bit and carve so it obviously curves in to the base

Have fun building these "instruments of torture" (IMHO)
LL
LL

3 replies
naz1905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
naz1905 Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 5:29pm
post #2 of 4

Just curios, has this cake ever been made?

Aaggie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aaggie Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 5:43pm
post #3 of 4

This is a cake I would like to make eventually. Great idea, but I can't picture it. Can you email me a jpeg if possible.

Thanks for this great idea.

Aggie

AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 16 Sep 2007 , 1:00am
post #4 of 4

Doug,
There is this feeling of security knowing that you are out there thinking of ways to make all of our lives more interesting and easier!

Thanks AGAIN!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%