New Idea For Edible Diamonds And Gems

Decorating By mindie26 Updated 4 Aug 2013 , 12:01pm by cupcake1975

mindie26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindie26 Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 4:47pm
post #1 of 9

Hey Everyone!

I'm new to the Cake Central Site and I just wanted to get all of your opinions on something before I do it. I am starting an Ebay store selling cake decorating accessories and wanted to know how often if not never would you see yourself purchasing edible diamonds or gems for your cakes a month? I know a few companies do it but there have been complaints about their products. Do any of you order this from a company that your are happy with?

Thanks to all that respond, your opinion and feedback is greatly appreciated!
icon_biggrin.gif

8 replies
MandyBs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandyBs Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 8:42pm
post #2 of 9

First, welcome to CC! As to the edible diamonds & gems, I would probably make my own if needed. Have you thought about selling the molds and other supplies needed to make them? Good luck with the ebay store!

Relznik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Relznik Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 8:48pm
post #3 of 9

I haven't heard of edible diamonds.... I don't suppose someone could give me a link of somewhere I could buy them on-line?

Thank you!

Suzanne x

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 8:48pm
post #4 of 9

It's funny that you ask this question because I just posted on the HOW DO I message board asking where I could find some edible diamonds/gems!

For me, I suppose it wouldn't be something I would purchase very often only because I wouldn't have a lot of cakes needing that type of decoration.

KimAZ

mekaclayton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mekaclayton Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 9:08pm
post #5 of 9

I think its a great idea! I am playing the waiting game right now on some edible diamonds. With diamonds being a girl's best friend, why wouldn't they sell. I would buy them and when searching for them...it's been VERY hard to find a company that makes them. Ya know, marketing is everything...how you get people to buy them, could make a world of difference. I'm using mines for a wedding but with "bling-bling" being a new thing....sweet 16's, rock star type cakes...etc. could be a market for you. Let me know when you get up and running thumbs_up.gif
So funny you should post this...I ordered mines in what I thought was enough time but they're still not here so I'm looking online right now on ways to make them or recreate something like it. LOL

mindie26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindie26 Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 10:46pm
post #6 of 9

Well thank you all for taking out the time to give me feedback. You all gave me some good things to think about. I will keep everyone posted if I decide to do it.

I know a couple of the respondents asked about where they can get it, I myself am doing a cake in October and the theme is Diamonds and Pearls. I searched for days hoping I could find a RELIABLE company, but the only company that I know makes it does not sell the cake decorations at this moment they say it's out of stock. I am going to make them myself for the cake.

mekaclayton
I was wondering what company and if you have the site that you ordered your edible diamond from?

Thanks again and I will be in touch!!! icon_biggrin.gif

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 10:55pm
post #7 of 9

Here is one edible jewels site that I have seen mentioned many times, though I have never ordered from them.
http://www.thejewelsofdenial.com/catalog.php?item=115&catid=12&ret=catalog.php%3Fcategory%3D12

Here is a site with beautiful edible pearls in several sizes and colors.
http://www.confectioneryhouse.com/product.php?productid=3414&cat=307&page=1

mekaclayton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mekaclayton Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 11:53pm
post #8 of 9

It's www.kincaellan.com. In Canada (and I'm in the South...so it's taking a little time) Got the link here. They say his jewels are much better than the other site....but I don't know. My 1st time ordering. Shipped out soon after I ordered. HTH

cupcake1975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake1975 Posted 4 Aug 2013 , 12:01pm
post #9 of 9

How were the edible diamonds from http://www.jeff-the-chef.com/store/products.html?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%