New Idea For Edible Diamonds And Gems

Decorating By mindie26 Updated 4 Aug 2013 , 12:01pm by cupcake1975

mindie26 Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 4:47pm
post #1 of 9

Hey Everyone!

I'm new to the Cake Central Site and I just wanted to get all of your opinions on something before I do it. I am starting an Ebay store selling cake decorating accessories and wanted to know how often if not never would you see yourself purchasing edible diamonds or gems for your cakes a month? I know a few companies do it but there have been complaints about their products. Do any of you order this from a company that your are happy with?

Thanks to all that respond, your opinion and feedback is greatly appreciated!

8 replies
MandyBs Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 8:42pm
post #2 of 9

First, welcome to CC! As to the edible diamonds & gems, I would probably make my own if needed. Have you thought about selling the molds and other supplies needed to make them? Good luck with the ebay store!

Relznik Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 8:48pm
post #3 of 9

I haven't heard of edible diamonds.... I don't suppose someone could give me a link of somewhere I could buy them on-line?

Thank you!

Suzanne x

KimAZ Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 8:48pm
post #4 of 9

It's funny that you ask this question because I just posted on the HOW DO I message board asking where I could find some edible diamonds/gems!

For me, I suppose it wouldn't be something I would purchase very often only because I wouldn't have a lot of cakes needing that type of decoration.

mekaclayton Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 9:08pm
post #5 of 9

I think its a great idea! I am playing the waiting game right now on some edible diamonds. With diamonds being a girl's best friend, why wouldn't they sell. I would buy them and when searching for's been VERY hard to find a company that makes them. Ya know, marketing is you get people to buy them, could make a world of difference. I'm using mines for a wedding but with "bling-bling" being a new thing....sweet 16's, rock star type cakes...etc. could be a market for you. Let me know when you get up and running thumbs_up.gif
So funny you should post this...I ordered mines in what I thought was enough time but they're still not here so I'm looking online right now on ways to make them or recreate something like it. LOL

mindie26 Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 10:46pm
post #6 of 9

Well thank you all for taking out the time to give me feedback. You all gave me some good things to think about. I will keep everyone posted if I decide to do it.

I know a couple of the respondents asked about where they can get it, I myself am doing a cake in October and the theme is Diamonds and Pearls. I searched for days hoping I could find a RELIABLE company, but the only company that I know makes it does not sell the cake decorations at this moment they say it's out of stock. I am going to make them myself for the cake.

I was wondering what company and if you have the site that you ordered your edible diamond from?

Thanks again and I will be in touch!!! icon_biggrin.gif

SugarFrosted Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 10:55pm
post #7 of 9

Here is one edible jewels site that I have seen mentioned many times, though I have never ordered from them.

Here is a site with beautiful edible pearls in several sizes and colors.

mekaclayton Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 11:53pm
post #8 of 9

It's In Canada (and I'm in the it's taking a little time) Got the link here. They say his jewels are much better than the other site....but I don't know. My 1st time ordering. Shipped out soon after I ordered. HTH

cupcake1975 Posted 4 Aug 2013 , 12:01pm
post #9 of 9

How were the edible diamonds from

Quote by @%username% on %date%