Dry Cake - I Need Help!!!!!!

Decorating By yasmina73 Updated 3 Nov 2006 , 2:37am by yasmina73

yasmina73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yasmina73 Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 2:20am
post #1 of 7

Can anyone give me idea on what to do about a cake I baked, chocolate, that came out a little dry.? I don't have the time to bake a new one as I have to decorate it early tomorrow morning. Any siggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

6 replies
patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 2:27am
post #2 of 7

I have heard of brushing it with a simple syrup to give it more moisture. Normally after torted you would do this.

JenJen1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenJen1 Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 2:28am
post #3 of 7

I've found that if you fill a cake with pudding...Jello (instant) vanilla, chocolate...whatever. When you cut into it, the pudding should moisten it a little. Hope it helps.

LynnVC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LynnVC Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 2:29am
post #4 of 7

I make an orange cake where I poke holes in it after it's baked and add orange jello. One 3 oz package and a cup and a half of water. It always comes out moist. Sorry I don't have any more ideas!

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 2:31am
post #5 of 7

I was given a hint from a baker mix some sugar and water and spray your cake with it to bring back the moisture.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 2:31am
post #6 of 7

You could brush some coffee or Kahlua on it - that would also add to the flavor of the chocolate. Most scratch bakers add a liquid like that to the cakes all the time for moisture. (I would guess they brush it on or "spray" it somehow)

yasmina73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yasmina73 Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 2:37am
post #7 of 7

Thank you all for your suggestions. You all gave me great ideas. I think I will combine a little of everyone's ideas/suggestions and roll em into one.

Thanks Again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%