Ah! Cake Due At 4:00 And My Bow Just Fell Apart!!

Decorating By faithxmarie Updated 2 Sep 2007 , 3:50pm by Price

faithxmarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
faithxmarie Posted 2 Sep 2007 , 3:35pm
post #1 of 5

I have a present style cake due at 4:00 (you know the cute ones with bow on the top?) and my bow just fell apart! I made it out of Wilton Fondant and all the loops on the bottom row broke. I re-made all the loops (again out of Wilton Fondant, as it's all I have), but now I'm not sure they will be dry in time. What's the best way to dry fondant and QUICKLY? Also, is there a more secure way to fasten the bow to the top than a buttercream center?

Thanks!!

4 replies
Cake-Happy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake-Happy Posted 2 Sep 2007 , 3:44pm
post #2 of 5

Maybe have a fan blowing on it? I'm not sure. You might could use Royal Icing to secure the bow to the top, or some florist wire? I know I'm not much help. Hopefully someone can help you out fairly quickly. Good Luck. Hugs!!!

alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 2 Sep 2007 , 3:44pm
post #3 of 5

dry them in the oven with the light on, no heat. Place them on styrofoam if you have it so the air can circulate underneath. Next time be sure to mix some tylose or gum trag or gumpaste with your fondant for faster drying and more strength.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 2 Sep 2007 , 3:49pm
post #4 of 5

Im not so sure that your bow will have time to dry thoroughly without tylose or gumpaste mixed in...but definately next time you try a bow try it doing it all in GP ....dries quickly and more sturdy icon_biggrin.gif

HTH's

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 2 Sep 2007 , 3:50pm
post #5 of 5

I would hang them over a piece of pcv pipe or a broom handle and blow a fan on them. Mine seem to dry petty quickly by hanging over the pipe, but I don't use the Wilton fondant, I use Satin Ice. Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%