You Know You Are Addicted When....

Decorating By Thalia Updated 21 Jul 2005 , 6:07pm by debsuewoo

Thalia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Thalia Posted 21 Jul 2005 , 3:50pm
post #1 of 7

You buy $160 worth of decorating books on Amazon.com! ouch...am calling it my Christmas presenticon_smile.gif

What things did you do that told you you were addicted? # of cake pans, remodeled your kitchen???

LOL

Thalia icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 21 Jul 2005 , 3:57pm
post #2 of 7

LOL I give FREE CAKES. Just to be able to practice. If I have not yet done a cake that they request It's free.. As a matter of fact, I have an over the hill cake, strawberry shortcake, spongebob (the body) and a whimsical cake to do in the next few weeks.. All free! My hubby is mad. But I am not sure how they will turn out soooooo if they are free then they can't complain! I love to make them and give them away as "my gift". It's cheaper and let's me practice. And maybe get some PAID orders! thumbs_up.gif

briansbaker Posted 21 Jul 2005 , 4:01pm
post #3 of 7

P.S. as far as remodeling kitchen. I am trying real real hard to convince my hubby to renovate his garage into "my butlers pantry". So that I can stock up on cake stuff add another fridge. and freezer. I may get my wish the first of the year. WOOHOO!!!!! I'll keep you posted to see what happens..

Thalia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Thalia Posted 21 Jul 2005 , 5:50pm
post #4 of 7

I hear you about the pantry! I also decided to get a small freezer to put in garage due to not having room in my refridgerator freezer when I need it for cakesicon_smile.gif I wish I could remodel the kitchen as it is way too small, but it's not going to happen for a few years..single mother with child in daycare..almost ALL my salary goes to daycare! Someday..in the meantime I can dreamicon_smile.gif

Thaliaicon_smile.gif

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 21 Jul 2005 , 5:55pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia

You buy $160 worth of decorating books on Amazon.com! ouch...am calling it my Christmas presenticon_smile.gif

What things did you do that told you you were addicted? # of cake pans, remodeled your kitchen???

LOL

Thalia icon_biggrin.gif

I am addicted to cake decorating!!! I can tell because I obsessed over every TV show that has anything to do with cake decorating and icing making and cake making.... icon_lol.gif

I have ALL the pans I need... So I am NOT buying anymore....

I Wish I could remodel my kitchen or better yet, make an addition to my house just to make my cakes... I was even asking my husband to buy a better oven and he got really nervous!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

briansbaker Posted 21 Jul 2005 , 6:04pm
post #6 of 7

LOL
I got my new oven I believe last year. I was actually going to get a double wall oven. Not for cakes, but for the holidays. My family comes to my house for all the holidays. But we found a stove with 6 burners and stainless steel for the same price of a double oven. So we decided to get that. (sigh) but now that I have decided to stick to baking cakes, shoot should have gotten the double oven. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
But I guess it will have to work!

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 21 Jul 2005 , 6:07pm
post #7 of 7

I know I am addicted because while looking at properties for a possible relocation I am looking at duplexes so that I can have a kitchen solely for baking!

Debbi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%