Ideas For A Cake

Decorating By jandr4eva Updated 1 Sep 2007 , 1:22am by all4cake

jandr4eva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jandr4eva Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 6:37pm
post #1 of 3

I could really use some pictures even some suggestions thoughts, ideas...I am thinking of a cake for our local county fair...i was thinking since our fair week started on Tues. Sept 11th I thought I would make a sheet cake that looks like the american flag and then make the twin towers and put a few fondant army guys on it. It would be like a memorial cake for those who fought, died and survived the tragedy. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciative icon_smile.gif

Thanks
Jamie
usaribbon.gif

2 replies
SueBuddy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueBuddy Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 12:55am
post #2 of 3

I really like the flag idea, I think it would make a good display cake. The twin towers is a sensitive emotional subject, so be careful with it so as not to offend anyone. I'm not sure even how to write about this because I don't want to offend anyone either. Your idea could make a powerful statement though. I know the armed forces are fighting right now against terrorism so they are important but I know that a lot of focus of the twin towers was on the rescue personnel, could you tie them in together someway? I am sorry I am not much help, I am just sitting here trying to brainstorm some ideas. I will admit that I am not an expert on the Sept.11 tragedy.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 1:22am
post #3 of 3

I agree with SueBuddy...a flag would be a good idea...definitely do a tie in....

a set of hands holding a big apple surrounded by hats of the F.D.,P.D.,military helmet, butcher, baker, candlestick maker...a handful of hearts to depict the love that was shared during a tragic time...tie it all together with a yellow ribbon...'cause we will always remember those that were lost.

This was a time when hands from all over played a part...not just for the U.S., New York, but also for their fellow man...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%