I Have Officially Made The Worlds Ugliest Cake..

Decorating By TiffTurtle Updated 30 Oct 2006 , 10:11pm by TiffTurtle

TiffTurtle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TiffTurtle Posted 30 Oct 2006 , 5:45pm
post #1 of 16

i just wanna sit down and cry. when i went to bed last night i had this great idea for this cake...i just knew it was gonna look good...boy was i wrong. its horrid, i hate it , and there is nothing that i can do about it. i just wanna toss it , but i cant there in not time to make and decoarate another one icon_cry.gif well yall take a look at my ugly cake and somebody please tell me what i could have done to make this work?
LL

15 replies
jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 30 Oct 2006 , 5:55pm
post #2 of 16

Okay, it definitely does not qualify for the ugliest cake in the world. icon_biggrin.gif . I love the idea. The only thing I might have done is some kind of borders around the happy birthday plaques and drizzle a little choc on the white pieces on the cake.

TiffTurtle Posted 30 Oct 2006 , 6:01pm
post #3 of 16

its there now..im sorry i was so flustered that i forgot to upload that darn pic... icon_redface.gif

oh yea its that bad icon_cry.gif

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 30 Oct 2006 , 6:05pm
post #4 of 16

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I happen to really LIKE this cake. So there. icon_razz.gif LOL

sweetamber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetamber Posted 30 Oct 2006 , 6:17pm
post #5 of 16

First of all, it's not that bad so give yourself a break!

If you wanted to do something a little different, next time maybe try to place the white chocolate pieces closer together, and you could even make some of them a little smaller. I think you're on the right track with the mosaic effect, don't get discouraged- the only way to improve your skill is to practice!

Amber

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 30 Oct 2006 , 6:25pm
post #6 of 16

I think it looks fine. I actually made the ugliest cake this morning. I'm not taking a picture of it, and I hate to even send it out. Anything that could go wrong did, and I'm burnt out which did not help matters!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 30 Oct 2006 , 6:26pm
post #7 of 16

I think it looks fine.....I would add some more mosaic pieces I think it just doesn't have enough.....they should be closer together....just have a tiny bit of the icing showing around each piece.....don't give up....the cake is on it's way to being stunning.....it looks cool already...keep going!
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=favpics&cat=0&pos=-44677

Princess3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Princess3 Posted 30 Oct 2006 , 6:27pm
post #8 of 16

I agree the idea is nice and combine the first two suggestions! Closer or more pieces add chocolate drizzle, otherwise I think its neat!

Bradymom6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bradymom6 Posted 30 Oct 2006 , 6:30pm
post #9 of 16

Hey Tiff,
I don't see anything wrong with this cake. I think it is really unique and turned out great. It is an original creation and shows talent and you should be proud of it.
Bradymom

cakesbykellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbykellie Posted 30 Oct 2006 , 6:30pm
post #10 of 16

i dont think its bad... reminds me of a Pillsbury CInnamon Roll before they get baked! icon_smile.gif yummy....
I actually made the ugliest cake ever and cannot prove it because i refused to take a picture..... it was a two tier square cake for my daughters 15th birthday. The PLAN was to frost it white, and put choc ganache over the top and then she wanted to top it off with a pile of swedish fish (the colors were red, white and black). SOunds easy enough... but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO........ the stacking and frosting, easy.... the ganache was a HUGE headache for me for some reason this time and PEELED everything off the sides of the cake and was GLOPPY!!!!! It was HIDEOUS (but OHHHHH so yummy).
so, after everyone enjoyed the ugliest cake ever, i got a cake order for a cake becaue this one was so yummy! SOOO, just because YOU think your cake is hideous.... doesnt mean everyone else will! Like what was already said, beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.... errr.... i mean beholder. icon_smile.gif

icon_biggrin.gif

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 30 Oct 2006 , 6:30pm
post #11 of 16

Your cake looks great! I agree with the others, next time make your pieces smaller and place closer together but it sure looks yummy to me!
Jacuqi

Aztec9206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aztec9206 Posted 30 Oct 2006 , 6:35pm
post #12 of 16

There are no ugly cakes in this world...just very big vivid imaginations which are slightly different from other peoples, thats all!!!!

The cake doesnt' look like a flop...actually it looks good....

I know I've had a couple that would take 1st place at the fair in ugliness.

On to the next cake....that's what I do until I get one right and then I forget to post the darn thing...to show you guys I finally got one right....oh well next time I'll remember...and dont' let it walk out the door without taking a picture....

Keep on baking....

Cindy

mjs4492 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjs4492 Posted 30 Oct 2006 , 6:38pm
post #13 of 16

I think it's a pretty neat idea and it's given me an idea for a cake - mosaic pieces (perhaps different colors) pieced together to look like a stained glass image.
There, your cake isn't ugly, but an inspiration to others!

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 30 Oct 2006 , 6:39pm
post #14 of 16

Believe me when I say this is not the World's Ugliest cake becouse the other thread with the worst cakes will prove you wrong. When ya get a minute check it out! It will help you smile again....... icon_biggrin.gif ((((((Big Hug)))))) we have all been there!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-179379.html?osCsid=b0073c01d625360d2ddb78e7f41e66cd

krysoco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krysoco Posted 30 Oct 2006 , 6:43pm
post #15 of 16

I like it.
I'd make the pieces smaller and closer together so that way I could have a border around the top of the cake. But that's about it. It think its pretty. We are always our worst critics. Keep ya chin up girlfriend!

TiffTurtle Posted 30 Oct 2006 , 10:11pm
post #16 of 16

Thanks yall, yall have given me some good ideas..i have a 6 in cake that i baked along with this one from the extra batter , i think that i am going to decorated that one the same way with yalls added improvements and see what i get that way!!

((((((((huggs))))))))

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%