My First Stacked Cake

Decorating By aliciababcock Updated 28 Oct 2006 , 4:36am by finnox

aliciababcock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciababcock Posted 28 Oct 2006 , 3:03am
post #1 of 7

I just want to say that I am so addicted to this site. I am getting so many good ideas and learning so much from you all. Thank you all so much. I am just now trying my hand at cake decorating and still need a lot of practice. This is my first stacked cake and first attempt at crusting buttercream. The picture shows a lot more imperfections than you can see in person. Next time I am gonna try the viva method. I made this for my baby sister's 8th birthday tomorrow. The dolphins, flowers and swirls are blue colored candy melts piped on parchment paper over a design I printed off the computer.
LL

6 replies
SophieBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SophieBelle Posted 28 Oct 2006 , 3:29am
post #2 of 7

Thanks for posting the picture. I think you did a great job and it looks like you put a lot of love into it.

icon_smile.gif

pscsgrrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pscsgrrl Posted 28 Oct 2006 , 3:34am
post #3 of 7

Great job!! I am working on my first stacked cake right now for my son's b-day party tomorrow. I'm having trouble with my BC not crusting. Seeing your cake gives me hope.

aliciababcock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciababcock Posted 28 Oct 2006 , 4:02am
post #4 of 7

I had a hard time with mine crusting. I had to stick it in the fridge for about 15 minutes and it still wouldn't smooth completely. I used my hands to touch up the rough spots, but I am happy with the results. Good luck on your cake.

heavenscent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenscent Posted 28 Oct 2006 , 4:08am
post #5 of 7

Great job

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 28 Oct 2006 , 4:34am
post #6 of 7

Great job on your cake!! Your sister is going to be very pleased!! Welcome to Cake Central!! Can't wait to see more cakes!!

Cindy

finnox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
finnox Posted 28 Oct 2006 , 4:36am
post #7 of 7

That is really good for your first stacked cake I am still working on figuring out how to decorate. But Great Job

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%