Cream Cheese Pudding

Baking By rexmel7 Updated 26 Oct 2006 , 11:43pm by quills

rexmel7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rexmel7 Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 1:22am
post #1 of 5

has anyone flavored buttercream w/ cream cheese pudding? just w/ the dry mix?
if so, how do you do this? thanks

4 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 8:14am
post #2 of 5

I have never done this one, but when I use vanilla powder, I sift it into the powdered sugar before adding it to my meringue.

Are you speaking of instant pudding? I am wondering if the thickeners in the pudding will compromise the stiffness of the icing, and make it too stiff to work with. You may have to add additional water or milk to it. I would also make it the day before, so the thickener in the pudding mix can bloom; that way you will know if you need more liquid or not.

This would be a great experiment. Should you decide to accept this mission, please let us know what the results are, what problems you saw, and how you resolved them.

Also, why are you not considering using the cream cheese icing? I know there is one that you can pipe, and I know I saw it discussed on one of these threads, but I do not see it described that way in the recipes section.

Does anyone out there have this recipe?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

kaychristensen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaychristensen Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 8:28am
post #3 of 5

If you go to the recipes. Under frostings there are recipes for crusting cream cheese frostings that work great. I hope this helps. icon_biggrin.gif

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 10:19am
post #4 of 5

No, I haven't used the pudding, but I have flavored BCI with Lorann's cream cheese flavoring and it turned out well.

The pudding sounds like it would be tasty. Just wondering how it would work to mix it up first, using less milk than it calls for, and then adding it to the BCI. That way it would have time for all the ingredients to set. Janice

quills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quills Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 11:43pm
post #5 of 5

I'm interested in the results of the experiment, too. I operate under Ohio's cottage industry rules, so I can't sell anything perishable - hence, no cream cheese frosting. It's very sad, since I ADORE cream cheese frosting. I tried Lorann's cream cheese flavoring, but wasn't too happy with it. Veejaytx, how much did you use per batch of buttercream? I'd love to be able to offer my customers a refrigerator-free cream cheese frosting!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%